Welcome to Inspiration Friday No. 23!

A few Inspiration Friday’s back, Vanessa shared with you that we would be occasionally “copy catting” some of the projects, recipes and ideas you very clever and creative people share with us each week!
While, we most likely will not be copying some of your major undertakings you will find some of the fun smaller projects showing up at Inspiration Friday.  For example this fabulous idea from Kathy at All About Vignettes!

Kathy took the popular and beautiful idea of recovering books with plain white paper to a whole other level
We thought this was such a fun idea, that Heather decided to take on this copy cat challenge. She had an ugly surround sound speaker that Bama Boy insisted need to live in the corner of her beautiful secretary.  Kathy’s idea seemed like the perfect solution for hiding the speaker!
See! No speaker! grin.
I found this beautiful nest graphic at The Graphics Fairy.  It was so easy to search for the graphic I was looking for and then to download and modify it for my project.
You can read Kathy’s fabulous detailed tutorial at All About Vignettes as well as see some of the additional ideas Kathy came up with for her books.
Watch for more upcoming Copy Cat Projects at Inspiration Friday, cause you never know if we’ll be copying you next!
One of the things we love most about Inspiration Friday is that it is a place where anything “Inspiring” is welcomed! A perfect representation of this would be the sweet post our dear blog friend Alison of Stuff and Nonsense shared with us entitled  Mr. Duff and His House.
She and her family had the privilege of meeting the charming gentleman who used to live in her home, and he shared with her some treasured photos of how it looked in it’s original state.
Pop over and pay Alison a visit to here the rest of the story and while you are there, why not link up to her Friday’s Unfolded party?! We know we will!
We just adore Ashley from A Forty Year-Old Ranch and we also adore the makeover she gave this $20 Goodwill Patio set! Isn’t the color fantastic? Paired with a beautiful new rug (found on clearance of course!) she has added so much charm and character to her new porch. You must go pay her a visit and see the rest of this beautiful transformation!

Liz from Once Upon a Tomato shared with us this unique and beautiful Beet Hummus recipe. We absolutely love the creativity we see every week and this sounds like such a fun take on a classic!
Andrea from Andrea Steed.com (who is one of our fabulous sponsors here At The Picket Fence) wrote a wonderful and informative post on photographing large groups.
She shares great tips and trick to get the best photograph in the shortest amount of time (and if you have ever tried to photograph young children you know how important that is!),
including how to get fun and unusual shots! This is a perfect post for the summer with all of the family reunions and vacations taking place! We recommend you visit Andrea and read this informative post on Posing Large Groups, you’ll be taking great group shots in no time!
We are always so thrilled to meet new folks here at the Fence and Jean from Flower Hill Design Company shared with us last week how she took a garage sale find and cleverly made it over.
We’ll let you hear all of the details, but this is how it looked…
Before
After
Head over to Flower Hill Design Company to read more about her fabulous transformation on her
If you were featured today (or have been featured in the past) please grab the featured at button located in our sidebar!

Are you following At The Picket Fence on Facebook?  Don’t forget we feature many of your links during the week on our Facebook Page! If you’ve been featured there, grab a button as well! Thank you to everyone who shared so many fabulous posts with us last week!  We appreciate you!
Now it’s time to share with us what has inspired you this week!
Thank you so much for joining us for Inspiration Friday at the Fence,
When you are done linking up head over and party with the other Friday Party Friends
The lovely Courtney at French Country Cottage
Our beautiful friend Alison from Stuff and Nonsense

Stuff and Nonsense

And the gracious Debra from Common Ground

vif187

Now all ya PARTY PEOPLE it’s time to link on up…here’s the rules!

• Friend At The Picket Fence in some capacity
  • Link Up any post you’ve written that has Inspired You and will Inspire Others-it can be a home improvement project, craft, recipe, story, devotional…if it inspires link it up!
  • Be sure to link back to your original post and not just your url (main blog address)
  • Please post our button (code in the sidebar) or a text link on your blog so others can join in the fun! (MANDATORY)
  • Visit another guest. Please try and visit at least the link directly above and below you! We try to visit everyone’s posts but as Inspiration Friday grows, sometimes we miss some and for that we apologize.  It makes us feed good knowing others are visiting people as well!  Thank you..it truly means a lot to us!
We would love to recommend this fabulous post over at Crafter Minds for a quick tutorial on partying at a linky party! We couldn’t say it better ourselves! “Linky Party Like a Dinner Party?”
This week’s Inspiration Friday is sponsored by

a fabulous Etsy store specializing in one of a kind vintage and antique items! We invite you to pay a visit to Unexpected Elegance where readers of At The Picket Fence will receive 10% off at checkout by entering code: ATPFB!

Comments

Hey Ladies! Thanks for hosting. Those book covers are amazing. Such a neat idea. You have some great picks from last week. Can’t wait to check out this weeks links. Have a great weekend! ~ Catie @ Catie’s Corner : )

Love the copy cat… especially the graphic… the candle color is so summery. Beautiful features this week … I loved the Ballard inspired table, looks amazing and the book covers are truly gorgeous… such an inspiring idea and brings so much focus on a vignette. Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful week!~Poppy

Sistas!
    Hope you both are well today!
    I love love love the book spine vignettes! (And you know I like birdy things, too!)
    YUM!
    I need to do this for the books on my office shelf…trying to think of something wider, though, LOL! Maybe Rainbow Row in Charleston in black and white?
    Y’all got me thinkin’.
    Gonna go say hi to Kathy and get some more ideas.
    I adore all the ladies you featured today!
    I love parties!
    HUGS!!
    ~me

Those are some fabulous features! And I love the speaker cover up! Speakers are NEVER pretty-functional but NOT pretty! And I LOVE the covers that All About Vignettes did! WOW! xo Diana

Thanks so much for having me today. I can’t wait to see what lovely things people have been blogging about this week!

Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

I love all these fabulous ideas! I need to go to the thrift store more often to find myself some patio furniture!
    Have a great weekend Heather and Vanessa!

You always know what to say to make a girl feel better about her blog-self-consciousness! And I totally agree about not forcing more posts then you want to write. Glad to know I’m not alone out there!

Thanks again for being awesome! And glad I was able to participate in the party today! Love you guys!

Emily

8. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says

Hi Girls~ Love all your features this week and the copy cat idea is fantastic! All linked up to this weeks party- thanks for hosting! :)

9. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says

Ooops… sorry- the linky wasn’t working so I tried it a couple of times and it linked me up twice! I apologize! I would delete it but it’s not letting me. Go ahead and take the extra one off if you like!

Howdy ladies! Totally diggin’ the covered books with the graphic art. I love the turquoise of the eggs and the candle. Beautiful! Thank you so much for hosting this week. Let’s party! =)

you two are such sweeties…i feel like the most popular girl in school today between you and debbie…thanks for featuring mr. duff…isn’t he darling? and by the way…i am totally doing a ‘back’ shot now when we do our family photos…love that!

alison

Thanks so much for hosting and for inviting me over from fivedaysfiveways… I linked up my DIY tufted Ottoman that I made from a craigslist coffee table (#116). Hope you get the chance to check it out!
    I’m totally going to try your Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes recipes! Sounds delish!
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Abbie

Dear Vanessa and Heather–THANK YOU for hosting this wonderful party! I linked up a little project that I wrote about earlier this week. Then I finished writing about another little project, so I linked that, too! I hope that’s okay. And I hope you both have a wonderful weekend!

Hi Heather and Vanessa! Earlier this week I wrote about a little project, and I linked that up yesterday afternoon. Then today I wrote about another little project, so I linked up that one, too. I hope that’s okay! And I hope you both have a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful party!

Fabulous features, ladies !! I love the bird’s nest book spines. I need to pay the Graphics Fairy a visit and start some fun projects !! I hope you both have a fabulous weekend … thanks for hosting !! xoxo

What a clever idea with the graphics nest. I love the look. So many great ideas, thanks for sharing.
    Also, thanks for hosting.

~Emily
    The French Hutch

Not sure if this will work as my last comment did not go – and had “error”- just to say “Thank you” to heatheer for your super kind comments about the passing of Gibson… thank you and bless you .
    XOXO
    Bea

Thank you so much for the feature! Such amazing projects to be featured with. We have been adding a privacy fence in the backyard so I have been out of blogland for the past few days. I love what Heather did to hide the speaker. Looks great!