DIY Halloween Candy Jars

DIY Halloween Candy Jars

These cute and easy to make DIY Halloween Candy Jars are perfect for storing that extra Halloween candy in.  I first saw a version of these on Uncommon Designs and just loved how fun they were…and you can’t beat the price!

DIY Halloween Candy Jars

DIY Apothecary Candy Jars…but they could hold so much more!
They are so easy to make and require just a few supplies.

Supplies:

apothecary-candy-jars-3
3 lidded jars (I purchased these at Hobby Lobby)
3 round unfinished wood pieces (Hobby Lobby 2/$1.00)
3 finials (1 of mine is from Hobby Lobby, 2 from Lowes)
3 candlesticks (I used glass ones from the Dollar Tree. You could also use wooden ones from Michael’s or Hobby Lobby)
Unfinished wood letters (Michael’s or Hobby Lobby)
paint colors of choice for jars and letters
ribbon of choice

Directions:

1. Paint your candlesticks, round wooden pieces, finials and the lids of the jars using spray paint or any latex paint in the color of your choice.  You will need to apply at least 3 coats for good coverage.
2. Paint your wooden letters if you choose to use them in the color of your choice.
3.  Once paint is dry.  Using a strong adhesive such as gorilla glue or liquid nails attach the candlesticks to the smaller routed side of the wood rounds.  The finials to the top of the lids and the glass jars to the flat larger side of the wood round once the candleholder has dried and is stable.
 DIY Halloween Candy Jars
4.  Fill jars with candy of choice.
5.  Tie letters onto jars with ribbon of choice to spell out your word.
 DIY Halloween Candy Jars
Wishing you a “BOO-TIFUL” evening from the picket fence!
signature

Comments

Love that project but love even more how excited you are and what an honor to be featured by Tobi! WOW! Does that make it a little easier to finish that moulding/mdf project? 😉 Hugs my friend, what a great day!

That is such a great idea, Heather, thanks! And congratulations on being featured today, I am going to go over and take a look at it.
    Hugs, cindy

Congratulations! It’s always nice to be recognized for a job well done. That candy jar craft is really cute! I don’t think I could’ve ever thought to put that together myself.

Congratulations on your feature. That is totally awesome. Love your jar tutorial. You girls really come up with the best Halloween stuff!

I love love love these and have some like them pinned on my board! I can’t find a good container though! We don’t have a Hobby Lobby anywhere near… booo hooo…. I am keeping my eyes open because these are the cutest things ever!!!

Those are adorable, and I’m SO PROUD about the feature of the cabinets. Your kitchen redo was one of my favorites from blog land. Don’t know if I’ve said that yet.

Congratulations on your feature-that is brilliant! I can see why you would be featured though-you are so clever and creative…and of course stylish! I love this project too -they look wonderful.

I have posted about a few of my favourite Christmas pins on my blog so if you have 5 Minutes to spare please pop by! I would be so honoured if you could also link up your Pinterest inspired post to my weekly Pinning and Singing Linky Party too!

Best wishes,
    Natasha.

8. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says

Congratulations Heather!!! How exciting & I LOVE those jars! The letters are so cute too!!!

CONGRATS, Heather … a well-deserved feature, indeed !! And, I love the “Boo” candy jars … I MUST try these for Christmas. Thanks for sharing! xo

I was just passing by and thought id stop to say hello. I’m checking new blogs today, and i hope you folks are enjoying the fall weather like we are having here in Pennsylvania. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon county.

Love these Heather! They’re great. You could fill them with little shiny ornaments or pine cones at Christmas. Oh the possibilities are endless! And a big congratulations on your kitchen feature. It looks amazing and like one out of a magazine. You worked soo hard on it and deserve all the praise you’ve gotten over it! =)

~ Catie

Great project! I can see this done up for C’mas as well. Thanks for sharing.

And congrats on your feature. I’m new to your blog via Savvy Seasons, and in the process of planning a redo of my kitchen cabs, so I’m anxious to see yours.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Vanessa ~ Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment! Super sweet!!! And Oh My Goodness, THANKS TONS for featuring me too!!! I have a permanent button on my sidebar for At the Picket Fence!!! I’m your newest follower and would love to have you follow me on your next visit!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing