Inspiration Friday No. 38!

Anyone else out there having a hard time believing that this is the last weekend in October? Sheesh!
The end of this month always seems to be bittersweet. Each gust of wind pulls more and more leaves off the branches and the vibrant colors are slowly fading away. Crisp mornings give way to down right freezing ones and even though we are some Christmas-lovin’ fools around here, the hustle and bustle of the holidays gives little time to pause and enjoy your surroundings.
So, we are going to drag out Fall as long as we possibly can!
Vanessa has been getting a little bit snap-happy with her new camera (Nikon D3100) and wanted to give you a taste of what Oregon is like in all of it’s Autumnal glory.
Maybe this will help convince people that it doesn’t actually rain there!

Hey guys! See that mountain peeking up in the distance of the picture below?
That is Mt. Hood and this was my view Wednesday morning outside my front door.

And yes, that is the actual sunrise…we do have those here! Winking smile

Prior to moving to the Pacific NW, I had no idea that there would be such distinct seasons and that Fall would be the most glorious of events! I grabbed my camera as we left the house that morning so you could get a glimpse of what I see when I take my son to school each day.

I pass by this gravel road every day and always imagine where it leads. Doesn’t it look full of possibility? I would venture up there except I’m afraid it will be disappointing when I see what it leads
to so I will just keep it all in my imagination.

Plus I don’t want them to call the police for trespassing!

If I am heading back towards town after dropping my son off at school, this is what I will see on the way.

The Willamette Valley has a winery on practically every corner so there is no shortage of gorgeous scenery right outside our doors.

Next time you are at the store, pick up an Oregon Pinot Noir.
You won’t be disappointed!

Unless you don’t like it.
In which case, forget I said anything!

Thanks for letting me share a bit of my world with you today,
Now to our features from last week!
We fell in love with this gorgeous French Chalk Paint Bench from Kim at Savvy Southern Style! Whenever we think Kim couldn’t top her last project she shares something like this…
Sigh…just lovely with those fabulous pillows! And speaking of pillows…

RitaJoy from Harbour Breeze is working through a 31 Days of Craft Fair Preparation and she shared these gorgeous DIY Flour Sack stenciled pillows with us! Yes you can make these pillows!
pile of pillows ps
Or maybe we can just sweet talk RitaJoy into making  us one…Winking smile

Maureen from It’s All Connected shared this great tutorial on how to age galvanized steel! So if you’re having a hard time finding vintage buckets this is the perfect way to age a new one!
We loved this unique Welcome Sign that Sarah from Sidetracked Sarah shared with us.  She created it for a one of a kind DIY wedding present!
We think nothing could be more welcoming than falling into this gorgeous bed at night! Christina from Designing by Numbers shared how she MADE this fabulous Upholstered Headboard!
She gives a step by step tutorial with lots of details…and we think the results were amazing!
We wanted to leave you with two great recipes! Up first Nellene from Style Baggage shared with us a Dinner In A Bag! We just love this idea, so original and just plain cool!
and to finish off this fabulous dinner we’ll serve you up some of Aimee from It’s Overflowing’s Pumpkin Mouse. Yep, we want to lick the screen too! grin!
Thank you to all of our features this week as well as to all of you who share your amazing ideas, projects and inspiration with us each and every week! If you were featured today (or have been featured in the past) please grab the featured at button code located in on our Buttons Page found under our header!
Are you following At The Picket Fence on Facebook?  Don’t forget we feature many of your links during the week on our Facebook Page! If you’ve been featured there, grab a button as well! Thank you to everyone who shared so many fabulous posts with us last week!  We appreciate you!
Now it’s time to share with us what has inspired you this week!
Thank you so much for joining us for Inspiration Friday at the Fence,
When you are done linking up head over and party with the other Friday Party Friends:

Now all ya PARTY PEOPLE it’s time to link on up…here’s the rules!
  • Friend At The Picket Fence in some capacity
  • Link Up any post you’ve written that has Inspired You and will Inspire Others-it can be a home improvement project, craft, recipe, story, devotional…if it inspires link it up!
  • Be sure to link back to your original post (MANDATORY) and not just your url (main blog address)
  • Please post our button (code on our Buttons Page found at top of blog) or a text link on your blog so others can join in the fun! Tutorial on how to link up a button: Blogging 101
  • Visit another guest. Please try and visit at least the link directly above and below you! We try to visit as many posts as we can but as Inspiration Friday grows sometimes we miss some and for that we apologize.  It makes us feed good knowing others are visiting people as well!  Thank truly means a lot to us!

This Inspiration Friday is brought to you by the following sponsor:

where you can find fabulous original watercolors!

Sigh. I miss the PacNW so much that I could cry. I lived in downtown Vancouver for about 10 years and used to drive on the 14 all the time and I miss that view of Mt. Hood. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And yes, I am a huge fan of Willamette Valley wines, especially the pinots. :)

Ladies thanks soo much for hosting!! I would gobble up that pumpkin mousse right now. Mmm!

Gorgeous pics, Vanessa! I didn’t realize you live in Oregon. I’m originally from Northern Ca. I miss it big time in the fall!! I linked up a post with a couple recipes perfect for a fall day. Sweet potato biscuits, need I say more? lol =)

~ Catie

Your photos are just stunning! I would love to visit there, and without a doubt I would imagine myself up that winding little road every day too.

I actually followed one here after imagining for years. I wasn’t disappointed…

Beautiful photos Vanessa!! I almost got the same camera! I have always had Nikon and was ready to get that one, but I am so instructionally challenged, I got the Canon Rebel T3 instead. I think it is really use friendly. but nothing can beat the way colors come straight out of the Nikon. Enjoy it!! I tried to link up, but my link is not showing. I’ll try again later.

Those photos are beautiful. What gorgeous landscape. Awesome features. I am off to check them all out in more detail. Thanks as always for hosting a great party.

So happy Vanessa got happy with her new Nikon 3100 (I have the same camera) as Fall the the Pacific NW is gorgeous. I must come to see it in the Fall some day!

Thanks gals for being such good friends and great hostesses!

7. A Pretty Life in the Suburbs says

What gorgeousness you live by! I would love to have wineries on every corner around here!
    Have a beautiful weekend!

OMG Vanessa. Thanks to you for sharing this wonderful piece of your world with us. DO you know, where I live Fall is very short lived and on all accords goes unseen.

I wish I was staying where you stay.

Thanks for the great fall tour! I can’t thank you enough for my first “feature” with my humble bucket! It’s an honour to be mentioned on your beautiful site and enough to be in such illustrious “inspiration” company.~ Maureen

So many pretties to gaze at..
    I love all the Fall foliage photos you shared…beautiful!!

We are finally feeling a little cooler weather in Southern California…well it at least it not 90 + degrees this week Yeah!!

Have a blessed weekend:)

Kay Ellen

11. Christie says

Hey! I love to see a peak into your world! It is very lovely and I think I will need to go get that wine…it has been an extremely busy month! I could use a break with a nice glass of something yummy! I hope you girls are well! The holidays are upon us, so I imagine the craziness is really just beginning! Love to you! Christie

12. Anonymous says

I’m always so surprised when someone on a blog I love posts a photo of a similar view I have! From my dining room east of Portland, I see Mt. Hood as well!

THANK YOU!!!! Heather and Vanessa, for featuring my headboard on your GORGEOUS blog!!!

Just in case you’re wondering… yes, I’m still squealing!!! 😉

You two are just awesome!

(And, thanks for hosting another amazing party and featuring some other fantastic projects!!!)

Take care,

Thanks for featuring my dinner in a bag! I hope you all get a chance to try it. It’s one of my favorite things to make for company. Your photos were gorgeous and an extra treat for someone like me who lives in Southern CA. Our scenery is pretty much the same 24/7. Have an amazing weekend sisters!

Fall in the Northwest can be beautiful! Your photos were so pretty (I’ve been to your “neck of the woods” and love Mt. Hood.) I’m up in Gig Harbor and saw amazing color driving through the pass to Spokane. Today? Raining…

16. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says

Hi girls!!! Love your gorgeous photos Vanessa~ soo pretty! Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend!

oh my goodness…. I have no clue what happened to my picture on the linky…oh well..

Happy Halloween~~Have a blessed first week of November!!

Kay Ellen