Powder Room Reveal

I am so relieved to have this room done! I mentioned awhile back that I had no idea when I started this remodel, that the smallest room in the house would be the most challenging.
 I shared my intentions to makeover my powder room about eight weeks ago. But here’s a little reminder of how it’s evolved over the years.
 This is a photo heavy post..I hope that’s okay! grin! I will share in my next post all of the details on how I brought this room together.  So for now…enjoy my powder room makeover!
 I am on a wainscoting kick, so I couldn’t leave the powder room out! I added beadboard to the room to lighten it up.
 A close up of some of the details.
 The tangerine, grey and red stone fleur de lis was my inspiration piece for the room.
 I also loved this little pot, which was a perfect match to the tangerine!
 I really struggled finding a rug that I liked that fit the color scheme but also wasn’t too busy since it’s right next to our entryway.  What do you think? A good choice?
 My boldest decision in the room…the tangerine ceiling! If you follow us on Facebook, you know that Bama Boy put up quite the objection to me using orange tangerine anywhere in the house.
If you know anything about the SEC you know that orange is a predominant color in the uniforms of many or our arch rivals. I told him to get over it. Winking smile
Am I crazy? Well, maybe. But it’s just paint right? And, life’s too short not too have a little fun in your house!
So what do you think? Do you like the transformation?
Stay tuned for the details on this makeover!
This post is partying at:

I love your new powder room! Every photo is just beautiful!! I especially love the shelf photo’s and the details photo. ~ Jamie

I love it~The tangerine ceiling looks awesome! I tried putting that color on the walls in my 1/2 bath but it didn’t look good at all. The color made it too closed in looking. So now I have one wall in my kitchen that color but plan on changing it soon. Your room pulls the tangerine color off well!

I do like it! I am in the process of changing out my powder room too. It just doesn’t have the pizazz yet that I want, though. Maybe a tangerine ceiling…

Heather it is so bright and cheerful- I can’t help but just smile walking into this room! I LOVE the idea of painting the ceiling that bold color- you rocked this room! Yep that rug is Perfect– love every little detail to you bathroom, great job! -Jen

LOVE! This post has helped me so much! I am right now in the “planning” process of renovating a small bath downstairs. I love your vanity color and would love to copy! I love everything you did in here but can honestly tall you that my husband would “freak” if I ever used “tangerine” because of his “arch” SEC rivals. : ) For real….but I LOVE seeing it in yours! Awesome job! TRULY! Thank you for sharing at Meet Me Monday! Love, Me

How fun! Love the pop of color on the ceiling and what a perfect room to do it in! The wainscoting is great, I want to put it in my entire house. I was hoping you would share a picture or two of the failed stencil. I’m curious to see what you were doing with it. :) Looks great Heather!

It looks stunning…love the ceiling:) Now tell Bama Boy that this Auburn gal has red in her home…it’s really just a color:) Hope you come by to my party to show it off.

Cute-Cute-Cute! Love the warm, happy orange color and the crisp, clean white!
    Looks so pretty. My favorite bathroom version so far. The fleur de lise on the commode is darling too 😉

I am lovin’ that orange ceiling and I happen to be a Bama GIRL!!! You did an amazing job on this and have inspired me to step outside my box! I saw the ‘sneak peek’ on Pinterest, and just had to come take a closer look! WOW!!! I’m a new follower, so I can’t wait to see what you do next! Thanks for the inspiration! RTR

BRAVO, Heather! You did an incredible job in this space. The pops of tangerine are gorgeous and are the perfect compliment to your wall color, too! Love that you painted the ceiling such a fun color (which, your family will grow to love, lol). And, such great pieces you added, too (love the wire basket)! Awesome mirror … you rock!

Heather- It looks great. I think the tangerine ceiling is a fun touch- daring but fun! The powder room is just lovely and I can tell you put a lot of thought into everything in it. xo Diana

I just love it Heather. I think the tangerine ceiling is absolutely amazing. You’re so right…it’s only paint and I think it’s such an awesome addition to the room. I love all of the elements you added. I can’t wait to see all the details of how you did it all.

Hi Heather! Oh, I love your little ‘water closet’! Love the color you’re using in there – tangerine! :) How creative to paint your ceiling. I want that cute shelf and really like the pattern in the backs – you’re just too good! :) I like your rug too! You did a fabulous job.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉

Heather, that tangerine ceiling ROCKS!! You did an awesome job! My husband would object too…we went to Texas A&M and our rivals sport orange too! 😉
    Love it!!

Loooooooove it!!!! The color combination is to die for, and I really am over the moon for the ceiling and mirror! And I agree…the small rooms are not easy. At all. I got a little rebellious with my closet, and I will have that post up next week. This powder room makes me want to start all over! Gorgeous!

Tell Bama Boy to not look up … in fact, when he’s in that particular room perhaps he should be focusing on his aim not the ceiling …

Love how it all turned out. And glad to see I’m not the only person adding orange (sorry, tangerine) into her home.

And I’m loving all things bead board and board & batten. Have for years and years … it’s timeless!

Love it! I especially love how you added pattern in the shelf, the pot and the rug (all which are easily changed) instead of on the walls. Perfect! The tangerine is so now! It all looks very fresh and current. Well done!
    XO Cindy

You are so right, life is too short not to have a bit of decor fun. The tangerine is so fresh and fun, and on the ceiling like that just makes it more unexpected and totally cool. I also like Linda @ it all started with paint’s message to Bama boy 😉

I really like your style in your powder room…simple yet fun!! That blue ceramic piece on your shelf is adorable. My eyes kept coming back to it :O) But also the tangerine (love it!!)…I can’t wait to have a home of my own (since we live in military housing for a bit longer) so I can do fun projects like this! Thanks for sharing

Love it – so brave to use the tangerine on the ceiling..but soooo brilliant too!! I want that blue pot (vase)on the hanging shelf so when you are done could you just send it my way. Really though, the room looks great.

Love the orange ceiling :)The colors work great together and I expecially love the wallpaper (or whatever it is) that you used in the background of the little cabinet/shelf :)

This is wonderful. I loved seeing all the before pictures. It is funny how our taste evolves! I love the mirror too! Where did you find that fabulous little number?

23. Terri says

Tangerine, pretty , wouldn’t have thoght to use it but it sure pops! Love the beadboard it really adds to the entire look. What I have noticed is how important accessories are when decorating.