Inspiration Friday No. 71~ 4th of July Edition!

Inspiration Friday Graphic1
Whew!!! It doesn’t seem possible that just a few days ago we were in Atlanta at the Haven conference! Our heads are still spinning from all of the excitement and the amazing bonds of friendship which were formed. And our stomach muscles are still recovering from laughing!!
We can’t wait to share more with you from the conference including all of the fabulous business cards we collected!

Before we jump into this week’s party, we have a few announcements to make.

We wanted to say a big thank you to HomeTalk for featuring
Vanessa’s Mudroom Makeover this week!

Have you heard of HomeTalk?
It is an amazing site where you can share your own DIY and Home Improvement Projects and be  a part of a fabulous community of folks passionate about all things Home!
 It’s also a place to ask questions and get advice from professionals and be inspired by the wonderful assortment of projects being shared there every day. It is so easy to sign up and contribute your home projects….
since we think our party goers are just the most talented on the planet, we will be sharing some of the home decor, DIY and outdoor projects Inspiration Friday features each week over on the HomeTalk website where they will be listed on the main site as well as showcased on their Facebook Page! That’s whole lot of people seeing your amazing talent!

If you are a that a word?? lol…you can also get your home questions answered by following HomeTalk on Twitter and using #askhometalk in your tweet!!

Next, we were thrilled to welcome the newest Sponsor to the Fence, the lovely and talented Kelly from Live Laugh Rowe!
Not only does she share amazing projects like these Patriotic Paper Flowers

She also hosts an awesome Linky Party every Thursday so scoot on over there and join in this week and tell Kelly we sent ya!

So, in honor of celebrating Independence Day, we thought it would be fun for this week’s features to celebrate all things 4th of July!
Can anyone else hear Neil Diamond singing “They’re Coming to America” right now??
Homespun With Love shared her fantastic 4th of July Mantle complete with Bottle Rockets and Roman Candles. We love how fun and festive this is!
Michell from Girl in Air shared a collection of her amazing Flag Projects. Everything from a Flag Door Mat to Flag Fence Art, she has tons of simple and patriotic ideas for the 4th!
Jill of Create.Craft.Love shared her darling Firecracker Rag Wreath. She gives an excellent tutorial for making this and her blog is filled with other awesome ideas!

We love this Old Glory sign from from Kim of Too Much Time on my Hands. It has the perfect vintage feel!

Seriously, how adorable are these Justice Knock-Off Denim Flag Shorts from Kim of Made in a Day? She saved a bundle making them for her daughter and we think she is one cool mom!
Jessica of Mom 4 Real shared this awesome American Flag Pallet Art. It is the perfect addition to her Patriotic Mantel!
Brittany of Crafty Mischief showed us how to make these darling Loopy Puff Bows. In her words they are “all American bows for her all American little girl” and we love them!

Andrea of Queen B and Me shared this absolutely adorable Red,White and Blue Burlap Garland. She shows just how simple it is to make it and how you will get a lot of bang for your buck with this project!

If you haven’t decorated for the Fourth yet, and want a quick and easy way to make your home festive, here’s a great free printable from Visual Eye Candy. Head over and download a copy for yourself!

Made in a Day is also providing some fabulous patriotic printables you can use to create a fabulous 4th of July Party. Just add cupcakes!

Rita May of May Days shared her Red, White and Blue themed tablescape complete with a tried and true symbol of Americana…the Coca Cola Soda Crate!
Mary from Home is Where the Boat Is shared her fantastic recipes and ideas for a Red, White and Blue Picnic Southern Style! She also shares some history behind the Southern classics of Moon Pie and RC Cola. Happy 4th of July y’all!
We love this perfectly patriotic tablescape from The Nest at Finch Rest! A perfect place to dine on the 4th of July!

The oh so talented Aimee from It’s Overflowing shared this yummy recipe for Simple Cheesecake Tart which would be perfect for your 4th of July festivities. We love keeping it simple when we’re hosting parties and this is definitely up our alley!

If you were featured today (or have been featured in the past) please grab the featured at button code located on ourButtons Page found under our header!

Are you following At The Picket Fence on Facebook? Don’t forget we feature many of your links during the week on our Facebook Page! If you’ve been featured there, grab a button as well!
Are you following us on

We sure hope so! BUT…We have a SPECIAL REQUEST of you, if you visit INSPIRATION FRIDAY and like to PINthe great projects you see here! Please pin from the ORIGINAL SOURCE and not our blog…unless it’s one of our own creations, then by all means pin away from here…we won’t mind! 😉
Thank you to everyone who shared so many fabulous posts with us last week! We appreciate you!
Now it’s time to share with us what has inspired you this week!
Thank you so much for joining us for Inspiration Friday at the Fence,
When you are done linking up head over and party with the other Friday Party Friends:

vif187Fridays Unfolded

Now all ya PARTY PEOPLE it’s time to link on up…here’s some instructions for Inspiration Friday
  • Link Up any post you’ve written that has Inspired You and will Inspire Others-it can be a home improvement project, craft, recipe, story, devotional…if it inspires link it up!
  • Be sure to link back to your original post  and not just your url (main blog address)
  • Please post our button (code on our Buttons Page found at top of blog) or a text link on your blog so others can join in the fun! (MANDATORY to be featured At The Picket Fence) Tutorial on how to link up a button: Blogging 101
  • Visit another guest. Please try and visit at least the link directly above and below you! We try to visit as many posts as we can but as Inspiration Friday grows sometimes we miss some and for that we apologize. It makes us feel good knowing others are visiting people as well! Thank truly means a lot to us
And while it’s not a requirement, we’d sure love ya to be following along with us in some capacity!
Below are some great options!

Email Updates
Facebook Page

This Inspiration Friday Party is Sponsored By:

I totally love that coca-cola crate table setting! Such a great idea!
    Thanks for hosting- and congrats on the Hometalk feature!! Too cool!
    xo Becca

Wow, what a great mudroom!! I don’t have anything 4th related to link up, but I’m just happy to have something. Thanks for hosting ladies!

Like all the festive red, white and blue! I hardly ever decorate for the4th – I am not sure why it is so festive and fun!

Thank you for the party!

Hi! How neat that you had a Home Talk feature. I was totally awed by that post!

Thanks for being a gracious hostess, and I appreciate you linking to Potpourri Friday!

Hi Girls! Loved meeting you at Haven! Thanks for hosting your party for us to share our posts. Your features looked just so happy and patriotic being all red/white/and blue-y!

Thanks for featuring my Patriotic MoonPies~ I’m honored to be in such inspiring and creative company! Thanks for hosting :)

Hi ladies! Hope you’re doing well and recovering from the Haven fun! Vanessa, congrats on the HomeTalk feature (they gave me a shout out too last week, which was pretty amazing!). And your partnership is a serious coup … and pretty exciting stuff!

So congrats on that!

Thanks so much for the feature, ladies! I love your blog and this is so exciting for me! Thanks for hosting!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

If I wasn’t ready for the Fourth of July before, I should be now. What a lot of great ideas. Thanks for throwing the party and getting it going with a patriotic theme. Love it!

Thank you so much for featuring my Coca Cola soda crate table theme. I’ve added your feature button to my post and my sidebar.
    Thank you so much. It was a nice surprise! I love looking at all the party links.

Thanks so much for having me as a sponsor…and for hosting such a fabulous party each week. I truly appreciate you both!! Wishing you many blessings. HUGS!! xo, Kelly

12. Meegan says

Love, love, love the red white and blue everywhere! I especially enjoyed your 4 crafts for $4!!
    Great party-lovin’ all the summer creativity!
    What Meegan Makes

Wow, girls! I read some fanstastic things about you two girls on other blogs. I am just playing a bit of catch up as we are still traveling…but now perched for a couple of days. There are lots of fabulous bloggers to visit her tonight- Thanks for taking the time to do the features- xo Diana

Hey girls! Hope you’re having a good week after all the excitement of being at Haven last week. Sure looks like everyone had fun!

I’m linking what I think is an inspirational post that I wrote this week–it’s called “Driving Lessons.” I spent last week at a Board Meeting and a Ministry Team Retreat for Renovare’. Talking with my precious friends about life in the Kingdom of God has me seeing applications all over the place, including in the process of teaching Lee to drive! :)

Hope y’all have a great weekend!

I LOVE YOU GUYS! I am so thankful that I met y’all at Haven. You rocked my socks- you made me feel like I do when I am yucking it up with my own 4 sisters!
    Thank you for being awesomesauce and thank you for hosting!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

Many thanks for having me today sweet Ladies!

I’ve linked up an invitation to a social media link up-I hope you can join in!

I hope that you have a great weekend.

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

Hi, Vanessa & Heather! Happy Forth of July! Isn’t Mary from Home is Where the Boat is amazing! I tried to link my post, but there has been an error; sorry about that, I can’t fix it.
    Have a splendid weekend! Enjoy the summer!

Just found your great blog and am your newest follower. Have joined in your linky fun this week. You have featured so many interesting 4th of July posts from last week. Can’t wait to see the new creativity your guests brought to this week’s party. Thanks for hosting.

1. […] Thursday Fantastic Thursday @ Five Little Chefs  Friday Happy Hour Friday @ Happy Hour Projects  Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence Friday Fun Party @ Craftionary Share the Love @ Love Notes by Lauryn […]

2. […] 3 medium chopped tomatoes 3-4 garlic cloves pressed & chopped 2 lemons squeezed, remove seeds 4tbs olive oil salt & pepper to taste tsp fresh parsley 4-5  fresh mint leaves chopped 6-7 fresh basil leaves chopped On to my newest food invention/addiction. The Toasted Triple B on French Bread Looks yummy right, it taste even yummier:)! Start with your french bread/baguette, slice it. Layer olive oil mayo & sprinkle blue cheese (a good amount)on both sides. Next, add the bruschetta then layer the crispy bacon (you can go without the bacon, it is just as good.) Sprinkle fresh chopped basil & close. Wrap in foil & bake @ 350 for a few. Enjoy!!!! BTW-husbands like it too:) I shared this link @ At The Picket Fence […]