Welcome to Inspiration Friday No. 67!

Inspiration Friday Graphic1
Whew! I feel a little lost here this week at Inspiration Friday. We’ve been wrapped up in a whirlwind of graduation activities and family coming and going over the last few weeks! A big thank you to Vanessa, the best sister on the planet, for holding down the fort around here and hosting Inspiration Friday the last few weeks all on her own…betcha didn’t even realize I hadn’t been around…she’s just that good! 😉

We were so proud this week to graduate our son from high school! I say “we” because I have homeschooled him for 10 years so I truly did “graduate” him…and I couldn’t be prouder of the man he has become.

He has already started a college course for the summer and is busy working and saving to buy his first car in a few weeks.  We love you Michael Robert…you are our joy…and a young man after God’s own heart!

I’m glad to be back in the swing of blogging and hanging out with all of you lovely, talented people…and speaking of talented here’s our features from last week! Y’all just make it so hard to choose!

picketfence_20010_thumb[18]_thumb[2]
INSPIRED ROOMS

Kelly from Eclectically Vintage just so perfectly captured the title of her blog when she took us on a tour of her Family Room and Breakfast Nook. It is eclectic…vintage…and beautiful!
Betsy blew us away with her Cottage Country Living Room! She shares so many details, each one perfectly cottage!

MAKEOVERS

The talented Angela from Unexpected Elegance turned an old wooden ironing board into a fantastic sofa table! This gal has so many great ideas and we really hope you will pay her a visit!
A Vintage Fairy shared her Succulents Planter…do you know what it used to be? An $7 plastic umbrella stand!

We’ve been following with Linda from It All Started with Paint as she’s been making over her front porch.  We love the red, black and white!

terracotta_pots_geraniums

CRAFTS and CREATIONS

Have you seen this yet? Carmel from Our Fifth House knocked another one out of the park when she created this incredible Union Jack Pegboard Headboard for her son’s room. We’re pretty sure she is in the running for coolest mom of the year!

Shari from Turnstyle Vogue made these fun Pottery Barn knock off glow jars! Perfect for summer evening. These would be so fun to make with the kiddos!

IMG_6808

Viv from The V Spot always comes up with the cutest and most clever DIY gift ideas and projects.  She didn’t disappoint with this clever wedding or anniversary gift idea!

How to make a unique, personalized wedding or anniversary gift for less than 20 bucks!

RECIPES and PARTIES

Crepes…good. Cake…good. Vanilla Crepe Cake? Yes please! Doesn’t this look and sound incredible?
We are so glad that Leslie from Goodbye House, Hello Home shared this amazing recipe with us!

Strawberries with Toffee Sauce from Tracey at The Kitchen is My Playground

and for summer we are introducing a new category…

OUTDOOR LIVING

We’d love to have some of these Brick Herb Markers from Pam of Simple Details are the Difference hanging out in our garden!

We love this old work bench turned potting bench from Heather of Tallgrass Design. It has so many cute details.

We adore Lorrie at Finding Secret Treasure’s Aqua Garden! You have got to visit her to see all of the amazing details…we could spend all day there!

INSPIRING STORIES

Kristen from Ella Claire shared this two part post on a vintage inspired wedding. So many inspiring details and ideas!

Our friend Kelly of Live, Laugh, Rowe shared a beautiful post on infertility, prayer, hope…and how we must learn to live in God’s perfect timing, even if He says, “Not Quite Yet..”

We were so inspired by Sylvia from Sylvia’s Simple Life’s post “Paddle Your Own Canoe.”  Take a moment to read it and see her exquisite photos…we know you will be inspired too!

We also featured some fabulous Patriotic Posts last week in honor of Memorial Day! Be sure to check them out!

If you were featured today (or have been featured in the past) please grab the featured at button code located on our Buttons Page found under our header!
Are you following At The Picket Fence on Facebook? Don’t forget we feature many of your links during the week on our Facebook Page! If you’ve been featured there, grab a button as well!
Are you following us on
Pinterest
We sure hope so! BUT…We have a SPECIAL REQUEST of you, if you visit INSPIRATION FRIDAY and like to PIN the great projects you see here! Please pin from the ORIGINAL SOURCE and not our blog…unless it’s one of our own creations, then by all means pin away from here…we won’t mind! 😉
Thank you to everyone who shared so many fabulous posts with us last week! We appreciate you!
Now it’s time to share with us what has inspired you this week!
Thank you so much for joining us for Inspiration Friday at the Fence,
When you are done linking up head over and party with the other Friday Party Friends:

vif187Fridays Unfolded
Photobucket
Now all ya PARTY PEOPLE it’s time to link on up…here’s some instructions for Inspiration Friday
  • Link Up any post you’ve written that has Inspired You and will Inspire Others-it can be a home improvement project, craft, recipe, story, devotional…if it inspires link it up!
  • Be sure to link back to your original post  and not just your url (main blog address)
  • Please post our button (code on our Buttons Page found at top of blog) or a text link on your blog so others can join in the fun! (MANDATORY to be featured At The Picket Fence) Tutorial on how to link up a button: Blogging 101
  • Visit another guest. Please try and visit at least the link directly above and below you! We try to visit as many posts as we can but as Inspiration Friday grows sometimes we miss some and for that we apologize. It makes us feel good knowing others are visiting people as well! Thank you..it truly means a lot to us
And while it’s not a requirement, we’d sure love ya to be following along with us in some capacity! Below are some great options!

Email Updates
Facebook Page
Pinterest

This Inspiration Friday Party is Sponsored By:

Fence

where you’ll find amazing, unique jewelry and gift ideas!

Comments

Wow, birthdays & graduations, you have been very busy , Heather. And yes, Vanessa “rocked” this little ‘ol blog party pretty well in your absence, but welcome back. Looks like a wonderful party & some great features. Thanks for hosting.
    CAS

Heather, bet you can’t believe you’re the mom of a high school graduate! lol Welcome back.

Great features. I will most definitely be stopping by a few. Have a great weekend ladies. And as always, thanks for hosting!!

~ Catie

Doing my dorky moonwalk – thanks for featuring my family room girls!

To be in the same company as Betsey Speert – how cool is that!

And love it all started with paint’s porch and that flag headboard and those solar lights … love it all!
    Kelly

Congratulations to you son on his graduation and you too! I homeschooled my boys till they were in 8th grade then we sent them to a Christian school as I felt to inept for math and science they needed. Wish I had taken the plunge and schooled them all the way through now.

Thank you for the party! Linking up my cute cupcakes I made for a friend’s son’s rehearsal dinner.

bee blessed
    mary

Heather, Congratulations. You are a beautiful family and you don’t look much older than a kid yourself. God bless your son as he moves past this milestone in life. Great features here and I will go visit a few of them. Love to you-xo Diana

AW!!! Congrats to you and to your graduate! So how does that work for home-schoolers? It looks like you guys get together and have a formal ceremony…? How cool is that!? :)
    Thanks for hosting the party and triple thank you for featuring my spoon artwork alongside those great features!

Thank you so much for hosting! Congrats on your son’s graduation! You just don’t look old enough to have a graduate! Great photos of the proud parents and handsome boy!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

8. Anonymous says

We sure do love that handsome graduate and his parents and sister.

Proud grandparents,

Poppa and Nonna

I usually try to bring out the funny but Heather you made me cry with those pictures of you and your two handsome men! Graduation! College! Your baby leaving the nest …

This annoying menopause has turned my entire life into a Hallmark commercial … because now I’m crying over life moments of my virtual friends …

And then you feature me. And in the feature you say you’ve been following my progress. And then the waterfalls fall again …

Thank you so so much. I’m honored. I’m humbled. And now I need to go stand in front of the freezer with the door open …

Linda

Dearest sisters! I am genuinely surprised to see my post featured today-you haven’t wrote a comment to indicate that you read it:)But I am happy, humbled and honored! I am also touched by this wonderful happy family on the picture and this handsome,smart young man! And you, Heather, have every right to be proud. May Michael soar forward…
    Thank you for having me again and I hope your readers enjoy my Provence-inspired table.

Holy, Moly, it’s been waaay too long since I have linked up to the fun party!! Thanks, as always, for being such gracious hostesses!
    Heather, there is nothing quite like your child graduating from high school. Such emotions and excitement. Congratulations!!!
    Now, I’m off to spend some fun time gazing at the links…oh, and definitely getting the recipe for the strawberries and toffee sauce..
    xo
    lynn

Congratulations to your son and to you for raising him up and teaching him well. What a great time of celebration! Thank you so much for sharing so many wonderful inspirations with us and for hosting the party even with all you have going on. It’s much appreciated.
    Liz

Congratulations to the graduate and the teacher. Well done! I had also missed your surprise party post. That looked so fun and wonderful. BTW, you have the most awesome taste in clothes. I loved both outfits you were wearing, especially that color you wore for his graduation.

Great features. I confess that sometimes when I read your features I wonder why in the world I’m ever blogging. Such talented people out there. Really!

Thank you guys SO much for the feature!! And CONGRATS to Heather’s son and Heather for molding what appears to be a fine young man! They truly grow up way too fast. I’m experiencing that right now with my two.
    Hugs,
    Angela

Congratulations to both you and your son on his high school graduation! Welcome back from your whirlwind couple of weeks, and thanks to you and your sister for hosting your wonderful parties every week. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many terrific features in one place before, and I’m off now to investigate them and do a LOT of pinning.

Thanks for taking the time to host your linky party again this week – its always fun to link up! Happy 40th Bday, Heather!!! Have a great weekend :) Heather

Vanessa & Heather,

Heather, I was so encouraged to read of your son graduating from homeschooling. I have a few years ahead of me but wanted to say congrats on your dedication!

Thank you to you both for hosting such a beautiful party each with with such amazing talent. And the hard work that goes into this. You are a blessing :)

Tanya

18. Meegan says

What a GREAT week for you Heather!! Congratulations! What a wonderful milestone in your family. I know you are very proud :)
    Even though we didn’t know you were gone-we did miss you! Great Job Vanessa!!So glad to have you back Heather.
    Thanks for hosting ans letting me share what I love to do.
    Meegan@whatmeeganmakes

Congrats! That’s fabulous (-:

What a great party. LOVE your features esp Eclectically Vintage and the Union Jack headboard…I think the queen needs one for her diamond jubilee! xo