My Better Home and Gardens Feature is here…a perfect weekend!

Do you ever have those “perfect storms” in your life?

You know, the kind where everything seems to just happen in sync for good or bad?
We’ve had a few of those recently, and no I’m not talking about my son deciding to actually wash his own clothes for the one hour I was gone and didn’t see that the washing machine hose was detached and started a load and went to his room to play X-Box and put two loads of water on the laundry room floor and flooded our finished basement…nope this is not THAT perfect storm.
This perfect storm is a a Blogging Perfect Storm…and it was a good one!
This WEEKEND was our Perfect Storm here At The Picket Fence!
It started with an invitation for Heather to speak at the Southern Bloggers Conference  and my BF Forever and ever and ever Robin was able to come with me(details to come!)

Rhoda from Southern Hospitality, Brittany from Pretty Handy Girl, Heather (me) from At The Picket Fence, Kelly from Eclectically Vintage and KariAnne from Thistlewood Farm

and then gained momentum when LG Electronics contacted us for Vanessa to not only review one of their brand new top of the line dishwashers, but then proceeded to fly her and one of our READERS to the Food Network Wine and Food Festival in New York City on the SAME weekend (more details to come!)

….and then the perfect storm formed…because as if ALL of that was not amazing, surreal and fabulous enough…this arrived on newsstands Saturday…

my Better Homes and Gardens feature…and so it came to be, our most amazing WEEKEND ever on our blogging journey!
I am still pinching myself. It was beyond my wildest dreams to purchase that magazine while in the company of one of the most special ladies in my life (where she proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs in a Food Lion) and then to share it with a group of the most fabulous blogging gals on the planet!

thank you Jessica of Mom 4 Real for sending me this picture

I mean WHO can truly, really appreciate a moment like that but friends on this blogging path with us.  They shouted, and whistled, and I think there were a few tears (Shirley) and it made the moment beyond anything I could have imagined…well except, the PERFECT PERFECT storm would have been having Vanessa next to me. ;)
It has been the most incredible weekend of my professional life (I love I can say that THIS, what we get to do, IS a profession AND a passion now)

I want to say THANK YOU to Kit from Better Homes and Gardens for finding my kitchen worth gracing the pages of this amazing magazine…
I want to thank Stacey for making my kitchen look magazine worthy with her incredible photo styling talent…
…and I want to thank Edmund Barr for doing what he said..making me feel good about seeing myself in print…and for including my precious Zoe. (Did you see her in the right-hand corner?)

Storms…they can be difficult, they can also bring new seasons and new breaths of life…this weekend was
definitely that kind of storm!
Love you all…from this gal who humbly and gratefully hangs here…at the picket fence!

Email Updates
Facebook Page
Pinterest

Comments

Congratulations, Heather! My heart is just bursting with pride for you and your sister.
    Your kitchen is gorgeous and the blog conference was blessed to have you!;)
    I know someone famous!
    You two are sweeties,
    Shelia ;)

Congratulations! I would definitely have to agree that this was the perfect weekend. I really enjoyed meeting you and hearing you speak this weekend! You have really taught and inspired me!

What a fabulous weekend for you gals! So happy for you both…congratulations!
    I’d normally say have a fantastic week, but I am sure your feet won’t hit the ground until at least Friday! :D

I’m squealing in excitement, too! I’ll be standing at the magazine rack telling everyone, “I know her!”. You’ve worked very hard and in a truly professional manner on this blog and deserve to call yourself a professional! ~ Maureen

Congrats pretty Heather, you deserve it, you very talented girl!! Hope I can get the issue here, it’ll take a while though. How exciting for you to finally see those great pics on print! Have a fabulous week and enjoy this great times, with so much wonderful things going on for you. Love the pics with the fellow bloggers too..you all look lovely!
    FABBY

Congratulations Heather!!!What a BIG DEAL!!!! I get BHG in the mail… you bet I’m excited to see your featured article. I am sososososooososo sad that I did not go to the Blogger’s Conference! I’m not missing the next one!!!
    You are one beautiful gal!!!

Heather, again CONGRATULTIONS on the BHG feature….what an enormous honor!…I so loved seeing the excitement on your face when you showed us the magazine…AND…Food Lion has Kari on tape of her screaming and waving her hands when you two picked up the magazine!!!….I am so very happy for you and Vanessa for the wonderful success you two so deserve!!….Thanks for being a speaker at the conference…you were amazing!!!

8. Anonymous says

Congratulations Heather! I’ve seen your kitchen in person and know how hard you worked on not only the island but all of it – the cabinets, the counters, the moldings, etc., etc. Vanessa and you did NOT get your talent from your Dad or me. You are definitely self-taught and we are proud of you both. Love you, Mom

Congrats on everything!!! The article looks beautiful, and I can’t wait to read it for myself! God is showering you girls with blessings and enjoy every moment! What an exiting time for you!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

Heather, I’m so happy for you. I can’t even imagine how it must feel to see yourself in a magazine, and BHG too! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy.
    You deserve it all.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog)

Heather, I am so so happy for you and your sissie. How amazing to be on this exciting journey together. I can imagine your delight to open up that fabulous mag and see your beautiful kitchen and your beautiful self on the glossy pages. AMAZING feeling indeed! Congrats, it will be something you forever will cherish.

12. Chenoa Woods says

Heather-

Congrats! My daughter is in the same kinder class as Lauren and Vanessa had her copy in hand at pick up today! She was so proud to show you off! What an awesome experience and well deserved!

Best-
    Chenoa Woods

Yay, Heather, and congratulations! My copy just arrived in the mail today, & I couldn’t wait to get that dang plastic cover off and look for you! I think it is so thrilling when one of our own (meaning a “Blog Sister”) hits the big time! I am so happy and thrilled for you!

xoxo,
    Carol

Congratulations Heather, Your mom’s comment made me tear up. I was in awe when I met you at SBC but you are so sweet and Kari is so sedate I can’t imagine her screaming and getting overly excited!!!!!

SO COOL SO COOL SO COOL! I would have cried too! You are so deserving of this sweetness! BUT… I have one question. Did your son really flood your basement? I gotta know, I’ll just worry. I mean, you’re trying to sell your house! YIKES! I know having to deal with all of those wonderful inspections daily in my 8-5 job how tricky that can get. :/

• says

Yes Vicki, that did happen. sigh. It’s all fixed now thank goodness, and good as new! It’s been a crazy few weeks around here. We caught it so quick that we didn’t run into any “water issues” just caused some dry wall damage. Thank you for your sweet words about the feature, still doesn’t seem quite real! :)

Heather

Congratulations to you Heather — such a fabulous feature! I’m humbled and proud to share the moment with you! And Vanessa — can’t wait to hear more about your super fabulous weekend in the city that never sleeps!

And Heather, you are just as warm and kind and wonderful as I imagined … and as pours through in your posts! It was a true pleasure to finally meet you (and your Sherpa :) in person …

Linda

So truly excited for you! Such a well deserved honor and you look great to boot! And how fun to find out with all your blogging friends – just sorry your sister wasn’t there too! Take care, Laura

No one is more deserving or more humble! Loved meeting you this weekend and hearing your news! There is certainly enough trials so that when the blessings come they are more perfect and precious!

Heather,

Where to begin….first of all….you are amazing. Well….okay….Zoe is amazing too! I am so excited for both of you and where this exciting blogging journey has taken both of you. I know that this is only the beginning and there are so many more weekends of “perfect storms” in your future. Congratulations to you and Vanessa :)

Have a great day rock star!
    karianne

20. Christie says

I am so excited for both of you!! Heather, you look BEAUTIFUL and I am going to go out tomorrow and buy a copy, so I can show that my friend was featured! (’cause you know I feel like I know y’all!) You deserve it! I wanted so badly to go to the Southern Bloggers Conference…only a three hour drive for me, but I couldn’t get it together…maybe next year and I will get to meet my friends! Vanessa, I am drooling over the trip to New York! What an opportunity and how fun!! You girls deserve it!! Enjoy, enjoy!! Christie

You already know how excited I am for you, but I’ll say it again, “EEEEEEEEks!!!!” So super exciting!!! I’m so glad that I was there shortly after you saw it, when you were still smiling from ear to ear! Congratulations!!!

And, Vanessa, I heard you had quite the amazing weekend too…so jealous you got to see Bobby Flay!

Heather,
    What an exciting time for you…Congratulations on the feature. I can’t wait to see it on the stands and you look marvelous!

It was the perfect storm – for two fabulously amazing and talented ladies who I am thrilled to call friends!

Now that you girls are BFF’s with Bobby Flay and appearing in national magazines – don’t forget the little people!

Thrilled to be there with you Heather when you got your first peek at your magazine feature!
    Kelly

I just have one simple question.

Are you doing the queen wave?
    Because you really, really need to be doing the queen wave.

I’m proud of you and for you!

Yippee … yahoooooo! So very excited for you both! Vanessa, I can’t wait to hear about your amazing experience in New York, and Heather, such an awesome and well-deserved feature … loved seeing you this weekend! Congratulations to you both. xo

Congratulations Heather! You and your kitchen look beautiful! Glad you had a great weekend. It is nice to see your blog taking you into to new ventures!
    Hugs!
    Sherry

27. Courtney ~ French Country Cottage says

So excited for you Heather and yes, an amazing weekend for sure!! Congratulations to you both!!

28. Denise Z says

Just got back from the mailbox and have my new issue of BH&G in my hot little hands. I immediately flipped to the back page to see you “in person”–and there you are! What a nice feature. You–and the island–look amazing! Congrats!

You are so deserving of this perfect storm – and the others (all good) that I’m sure are headed your way. It was great to meet you – you are as kind, warm, and gracious in person as you come across on your blog. Such a pleasure, and such an honor for a baby blogger like me to have been at the same table with you when you had such an amazing moment!
    Brenda

Vanessa and Heather, you ladies ROCK!! I’m so super excited for both of you. I love that talented bloggers are finally getting noticed by companies and by magazines. All well-deserved recognition for all of your hard work, and great talent. I’m toasting you right now from home in my pj’s.. cheers!!!

I subscribe to BHG and was thrilled to see you in there when the magazine arrived in the mail! Congratulations on that and all the other elements of your perfect storm! We are bracing for our own “perfect storm” here in the Northeast…but I don’t think it is something we will be happy about! Let’s hope Sandy heads out to sea fast! Enjoy your week!
    -Shelley