Ribbon Banner Ornaments and Being Blog Worthy

Do you do projects for your home that are so simple you find yourself wondering if they are truly “blog worthy”?

You know what I’m talking about right?

Projects like..oh..I don’t know…tracing words onto pieces of ribbon with a sharpie and then sticking them on your tree.

These projects don’t require a lot of supplies or a tutorial. And this can make you question whether or not to even share them because of their simplicity.

But, then you wonder if maybe others would welcome a little simplicity.

And maybe even a  little “Faith, Hope, Peace and Love” being added to their Christmas tree.

The tree we chose this year is a little more rotund then ones from years past. And as I started decorating it, I realized that it would need more help then my ornament collection could provide. Even if I used the ornaments usually reserved for the back of the tree it wasn’t going to cut it. We all have those ornaments don’t we? Those ones that we can’t bring ourselves to get rid of but aren’t quite “front of tree” worthy. (Don’t worry, the paper angels and other creations from my kiddos are proudly displayed on another tree in our home!)

I remembered I had ribbon left over from my mantel and banister (which you can see in our Holiday House Tour) and thought my rotund tree would benefit from the soft creamy ribbon being added to it. An item from Pottery Barn which is no longer available was my inspiration for this project.

Can you see why I wondered if it would be “blog-worthy”? It’s beyond simple.

But, I’ll tell you something.

Seeing those words splashed all across my rotund tree has given me great pleasure. Probably more than any other decor I’ve added to my home this season.

I’ve found myself pausing and staring at these banners throughout the day.

Reflecting on the meanings of each word.

Remembering what “it” is all about.

This led me to realize that I could do something that might possibly be even less “blog-worthy”. Oh yes.

While there are tons of ideas for displaying the holiday cards you receive, I’m doing something radical.

I’m putting our cards in a tray on our kitchen table.

I know CA-RAZY, huh?

Want to know why I did this? Well, each night at dinner we pull out a different card from the stack.

And then, before we eat, we pray for that person…or that family.

It is one more simple way to remind us of how blessed we are to have all of these amazing people in our lives.

And I think that just might make it blog-worthy…don’t you?

P.S. The Ribbon Banner Ornaments shown in these photos were “staged” and aren’t actually all bunched together on my tree like that. Just in case you were wondering!

One more thing…

The winner of the $50 Credit Givewaway to LaRae Boutique is

LaRae giveaway slide

Pam Ballard! Congratulations Pam!

We’ll be in contact to get you your prize.

Sharing this here:

Tuesday’s Treasures

Fall Into Fall

Tutorials Tips and Tidbits

Grace at Home

I love those banners! Great idea! I think the simple projects are perfect for people to read on blogs. I think room makeovers and other big projects are fun for people to see, but often seem overwhelming to others. Little projects like this are easy and perfect for anyone :)

I love what you are doing with the Christmas Cards this year! What a great way to honor those family and friends that took the time to prepare and send Christmas wishes to you. And those ribbons are definitely blog worthy! There are so many great ideas that don’t take much to do…people just need to know about them. Thanks for sharing your pretty ribbons 😉
    Sherry recently posted..Flying Dove and more DIY Glass Ball OrnamentsMy Profile

Oh how I wish I would have seen your ribbon banners! I too, was inspired by Pottery Barn to do this on our church Christmas trees. (We have a large church to decorate, so this was over 10 big trees!) I printed off the words peace, hope and love on craft paper; actually paper that painters use to mask off areas they don’t want to paint… anyway, it took so much time and so much ink that I gave up after 2 trees. Your ribbon idea is the bomb dot com. Totally filing it away for next year and keeping my eye out for ribbon to use! Thank you! Christmas blessings to you and yours.
    Julia recently posted..Thrifted Week 9My Profile

4. Anna says

I love these ideas! What a great tip for making the ribbon banners. It’s so simple and yet I never would have thought of that! Love it!! :)

I think any project is blog worthy! I love getting ideas whether I use them or not. I like this one though. It’s easy and cheap but looks very nice! I think anything with words is popular right now. They look great on your tree.
    Kelly recently posted..My Newest LovesMy Profile

I think that any project,no matter how simple, can trigger someone else’s imagination to take your project and give it a different twist. That’s what were all about….
    “Sweet Inspirations”,right?
    Love your sweet, blog worthy,creations!
    JP recently posted..Our Tree… Snowy, Glam & GlitzMy Profile

The ribbons are wonderful! Definitely blog worthy because I’m not very crafty and I can handle something like this! Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!

Jane recently posted..SEE JANE RUNMy Profile

8. Carol Reddin says

“Hope, Faith, Love, Peace” – great words to see over and over again especially during this hectic time of year. Thank you for the great ideas. Love, Mom

I know what you mean and you’re right — we should post these ideas because while WE may think they’re simplistic, they often are appreciated by others and also often become a ‘springboard’ for more elaborate ideas. LOL – my tree is not a classy, themed tree — it’s full of ornaments from the kids, pictures of the kids, etc. and they’re all grown now but I still love it. Someday, I may have a pretty, themed tree :)
    Lauren recently posted..Outdoor JOY!My Profile

All of your projects are blog-worthy…but I know what you mean. There are so many things that I do that don’t actually make the “cut” to get on my blog. I think, who will care about that. Maybe they would more than I think. Love all of your ideas.
    Judy recently posted..How to Sew a Box Cushion CoverMy Profile

I think these are definitely blog worthy! So pretty! I was hesitant about posting my living room tree.It is a bit sad this year.But I decided to put it out there.Sometimes I think I get too picky about what I should put out there and what I should not.
    Anne recently posted..Christmas Home TourMy Profile

I absolutely love these ideas…they are both lovely and I think I might put your ribbon idea into action on my tree tonight! Thank you for sharing….I wouldn’t have thought to do that.

I actually really love reading about little tips and tricks like that….and beautiful ideas like pulling out a Christmas card to pray for a particular family each night (or day).

THANK YOU for sharing….these ideas of yours are certainly blog-worthy!!
    Lisa recently posted..Mangia Mondays:: Tried and True Breakfast & Brunch RecipesMy Profile

Love those meaningful words on the little ribbon banners, words we all need to hear and see repeatedly at Christmas and always! I do the same thing with my cards, except they’re in a basket. Your blog content and ideas are always worthy and we look to you for inspiration and creative suggestions! Have a beautiful Christmas!

You girls always make me smile:) Just wish I could get over here enough to do that. I question my blog worthiness posts, ALL THE TIME:) LOL…not really, I just do it because I enjoy it, and sometimes others do and other times, I can tell it’s a uh, it’s OK LOL!~ I do love this project. Merry Christmas to you and your families.
    debbiedoos recently posted..2012 Holiday Knock off decor party {2nd annual}My Profile