Inspiration Friday Party Hiatus

Hello dear friends!

Do you find it hard to come to a place where you can admit that you need a break?

That you desire to

catch your breath

pray about the next chapter in your life

We are finding ourselves in a season of change and growth, both professionally and personally and our deepest desire is to always be sure that we are staying true to who we are and how God has gifted us.

We’ve realized that we need to let something go.

Our Inspiration Friday Party is not something we just throw together each week. We spend hours pouring over the incredible projects, ideas, recipes and inspiring stories that are shared. We carefully choose features that we think you might enjoy and be inspired by.

Inspiration Friday Graphic_thumb[3]

But, those hours are starting to take a toll. And, we don’t feel that we, in good faith, could throw a party that was anything less than our best!

So, after much discussion we’ve decided to let Inspiration Friday go on a bit of a hiatus.  It’s permanent fate is still to be decided.

That sounds so “doom and gloom” doesn’t it? 😉

Maybe we could just think of it as not saying good-bye to Inspiration Friday but more of a “till next time”!

How does that sound?

From the bottom of our hearts we thank you for coming over each week to share your lives with us. We never felt anything but amazed and humbled that you would take the time to join us!

Let’s think of it this way…now there might be a couple of more days a week that you will get some more inspiration and ideas from us!

That would be a good thing, right? 😉

Thank you for being supportive and understanding as we shift gears a bit in the New Year!

And, as always, thank you so much for joining us here At the Picket Fence,

dual signature

We all need to take a break.I appreciate you both hosting your parties.I know it takes allot of time and effort!So I wanted to thank you both so very much for hosting every week! Enjoy your break and if it is permanent I will still be around to see what you share every week!

You will be missed! Everyone needs to take time when you feel the need. Just maybe you will be refreshed and decide to continue. Either way I will continue to visit.
    All the Best in the New Year!

I totally understand that and am so glad that you are allowing yourself to take a break. I know your party is loved by so many and is always a place to find awesome inspiration. Kudos to you for staying true to yourself and your blog. Love you guys! Judy
    Judy recently posted..Home Goals 2012 – How Did I Do?My Profile

What a wonderfully written post! You are both so amazing and I know wherever your journeys take you will be amazing! Sometimes a little time off can put everything into perspective!

blessings my wonderful friends,

PS I find inspiration here everyday….not just on Friday!
    Thistle recently posted..Finding Joy In the OrdinaryMy Profile

I understand COMPLETELY! Y’all have done such an amazing job with Inspiration Friday. I never knew how much work a weekly link party could be until I started hosting one. Mine is still very small, but even a small one is a lot of work!

2012 brought y’all absolutely incredible opportunities, didn’t it? I am so very, very glad for you. And one of these days, I’m going to get to MEET YOU IN PERSON!!
    Richella @ Imparting Grace recently posted..Happy New Year!My Profile

Good for you gals! I had to do the same thing about a 1/2 yr ago. I would love to throw a linky party again, but it’s VERY time-intensive every week.

You guys are awesome! Keep focusing on God through your work and your work will be great! Love having you as blog friends.

Gosh I so get that. In fact, I stopped joining most all linky parties, because I am a firm believer to visit at least 5 from each party. Well besides having my own, and doing features, visiting, etc…I just could not keep up. I hope I never offended anyone when I stopped coming because it truly was no reflection of the hosts or the parties, it was my own personal feelings when joining them, and I will stay true to myself. I wish you both all the very best. It’s going to be a good year.

You/it will be missed, but more time for other things is important too.

Loved it, hope it isn’t “dead,” but even if it is it is a big world of blogging out there.

Take time for family and adventures and fun – when blogging becomes too much work doing what you are doing is exactly what fixes it to be fun again – hopefully that will be the case.

Happy New Year and hugs to you both.

Oh, girls…..all the work that you have done to produce the parties and features has not gone un-noticed and has been most appreciated! You must be able to enjoy your lives and your family and when something you do becomes too much of a task you have to stop for your own well being. You will, definitely, be missed by many and I thank you for being among the first to honor me with a feature spot. Enjoy your new freedom to the fullest and I will still be following your every move…thanks girls!
    Love and Hugs,
    jp recently posted..New Year’s Eve Glitz….the Party’s Over!My Profile

Good for you, girls — I remember how you were juggling to keep the party up and running while you were both at Haven last summer, you were/are so committed to your readers. We so appreciate that!! Looking forward to more wonderful inspiration here! Happy New Year to you both!
    xo Heidi
    Heidi @ Decor & More recently posted..NYC at ChristmastimeMy Profile

I admire you two for the decision you are making to take a break to regroup….Sometimes we just have to take a break to assess our priorities…and knowing the two of you…you always put 200% into everything you do…Thanks for the opportunity of being a part of Inspiration Friday….Have a wonderful weekend!!!

I TOTALLY understand! In fact, I’ve often wondered how in the world you two ladies with children at home manage to do all that you do! Inspiration Friday has been fun and “inspiring” … but I am confident that whatever direction God gives you for the new year will be exactly where you need to spend your time. I’ll be praying with you. Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Susan @ My Place to Yours recently posted..No Time for Hoopla …My Profile

Good for you – doing what you need to even if it is hard. I’ve been linking up with you since sometime back in May and you featured several of my links – thank you so much for the time and energy you put into it each week! And if it has to be permanent I totally understand!
    Jill Flory recently posted..Looking Back at Christmas 2012My Profile

Your party will be missed girls, it truly has become one of my favorite parts of the week. There are always so many amazing and talented bloggers who link up to your parties. A break is certainly understandable. You gals work so hard on them and you can always tell that much effort was put into your features each week…I always felt so honored whenever you chose one of my links to spotlight. Wishing you much happiness and continued success in the new year. I look forward to your upcoming projects, recipes and adventures…God Bless you both!
    XO Barbara

I have always loved your Inspiration Friday Party & will surely miss it. So thanks a bunch for being such great hostesses and definitely enjoy the break (weather it be temporary or permanent). Have a beautiful weekend :)
    Nicole recently posted..Bloody Mary RecipeMy Profile

When I looked at your 2012 recap I was thinking, “how are there enough hours in the day for these women to accomplish all these roles in their lives??” : )
    How wise to know when something has to give. I know God will honor your decision with extra blessings! Thank you for ALL the ways you inspire us!

Jeanette @ Creating a Life
    Jeanette @ Creating a Life recently posted..Farewell 2012! The 10 Week RecapMy Profile

I think that when something is dragging you down, you need to have the courage to let it go. (That’s what I THINK… I regularly lack the courage. I’m proud of the two of you for having it. Maybe a break is all you need. )

I never felt that I had anything to add to the party but I did like the feature for my own inspiration purposes.
    Debbie recently posted..The New Year BluesMy Profile

Everything has a season. I have LOVED this party and LOVED getting to know you guys! Thank you for all of your wonderful parties and your lovely comments.
    My husband often says “If you want to make God laugh, make a plan.” I’m anxious to see where your journey takes you!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

Everyone needs a break and it was such a fun party to visit weekly. Go and get your desired rest you two and I hope to see you back at partying soon!

20. Carlene Brown says

Good for you! Sounds like a well thought out decision …. taking care of yourselves and your families is so important. I love your blog!

21. angela says

i do not know why people put last weeks pic. on before the post i just skip to the party you can do that just have the party.

Heather and Vanessa,

I’m sure that the new year has lots in store for both of you and your families. Stepping away often gives a better view of what is obviously the next step. I very much admire your frankness with all of us. Look forward to reading your blog posts and seeing what’s next.

Wishing you a great 2013,
    Helen recently posted..Christmas 2012 DecorationsMy Profile

I miss you guys already, but of course I totally understand! I’ll be sure to still pop over on Fridays just to see what you are up to! I hope you can visit me soon too sometime :) Stay warm, and Happy New Year!! ~ Julie
    Julie recently posted.. Clock MakeoverMy Profile

Hi, Vanessa & Heather

Let me just say thank you for taking the time for hosting these lovely parties. I always enjoyed them and I am always grateful to you both. I have met some amazing women because of your party. So you are starting the year out in a bang. You ladies are amazing and a blessings and I am forever grateful to you both. God Bless and pray God’s best for you and yours in the new year.

Vanessa recently posted..New Year’s Resolution 2013 – Grateful JarMy Profile

Good for you!! I think that’s a wise and wonderful decision. I love the Friday party but can’t imagine how time-consuming it must be. I recently took a one month ‘fast’ from blogging and spent more time with family and reading God’s Word and it was SO refreshing. I’ve committed to limiting my posts and not letting the blog take control of my life. I’ll continue to look for more wonderful inspiration from you both and also look forward to hearing how you’re enjoying your new found freedom :)
    Lauren recently posted..Crazy for Valentine’s DayMy Profile

Bless your hearts. I truly appreciate your honesty, and cannot blame you for wanting to “halt” the whole business for awhile or ever. I will absolutely still follow your blog and look forward to keeping up on what the two of you are up to.

Happy New Year to you both!

I’m a fairly new visitor to your site but I do believe in what you are doing. We have to learn to do what’s most important first, but many times it can be easy to get sidetracked. I’m learning that I must constantly reevaluate what I’m doing.

I totally get it, and I know that you are both so talented, that you must have some very exciting things going on. My party is much easier, since I share the duties with 3 other hosts. I do love your party though, and I’m going to miss it. I thought of you Heather and Vanessa, this week, because my blog finally made it into Romantic Homes magazine. Now I didn’t have the full deal like you did Heather, because they didn’t send a crew, but it was exciting for me none the less. Have a blessed day ladies, and good for you, praying and trying to focus on what you are supposed to be doing, whatever that is.
    Anita @ Cedar HIll recently posted..Featured in Romantic Home MagazineMy Profile

Thank you so much for having hosted these weekly parties! I have really appreciated participating and also finding so many new blogs that I now follow because of projects I’ve seen here. I so enjoy your blog and look forward to continuing following. Take care! Sharon