Are You a Lemon Lover?

lemon and sour cream pasta label

Have you ever noticed that people either love lemon-flavored things or they don’t?

Well, I loudly and proudly declare that I love ALL lemon flavored things!

OK, well, maybe not all.

I mean, I’m sure there are some things that wouldn’t go well with lemon flavoring. I can’t think of any right now but I’m SURE there are some!

Lemons just make me happy. They are bright and cheerful and represent warmer days ahead. Hopefully. Maybe. Who am I kidding? I live in the Pacific NW. We’ve got a LOT of rainy, cold days ahead of us. But, when I have lemons in my house I can at least pretend that the sun is shining and I’m getting my vitamin D the good old-fashioned way and not just in pill form!

lemons at the picket fence

Now, if I get to add lemon to pasta, well, that just takes the happiness factor up a few notches…or 20.

I am an equal opportunity pasta lover!

This Lemon Pasta recipe is adapted from one from the Pioneer Woman.

I made some slight modifications to it and was very happy with the results! So was my friend Julie (our At the Picket Fence Contributor!) who came over that night to enjoy it with me. Our hubbies both had work commitments that night so we decided to join forces. We let the kiddos run amok and eat hot dogs while we enjoyed this deliciousness and pretended like they weren’t there. 😉

Lemon Pasta

Lemon Pasta

• 1 Pound of your favorite pasta
  • 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Lemon, Juiced And Zested
  • 1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, Or More To Taste
  • 1 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped
  • Extra Lemon Juice

• Cook pasta until al dente.
  • In a skillet melt butter and olive oil over low heat.
  • Once melted, add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
  • Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan.
  • Remove from heat and sour cream.
  • Add lemon zest and salt and stir to combine.
  • Pour mixture over cooked pasta and stir to combine.
  • Add another squeeze of lemon juice.
  • Top with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.

lemon pasta at the picket fence

I’m still trying to think of things that lemon flavoring would not go well with but so far everything that comes to mind seems like it could benefit from a quick squeeze of this citrus-y goodness.

Hamburgers? Could be just the little kick you’ve been looking to add to your ground beef patty!

Ice cream? Ummm…hello…lemon flavored gelato!

Meatloaf? See hamburgers.

Scrambled eggs? I’ll try it if you will!

Cereal? OK…so maybe I have found the one thing that shouldn’t be lemon-flavored.

Unless it was cereal that tasted like lemon bars. Sweet and a little tangy. Is that too much of a stretch?

No matter, as far as I’m concerned, the possibilities are endless when it comes to lemon flavoring and I will make it my life’s mission to search high and low for all of the ways I can incorporate it into my meals!

Let’s just hope we all don’t turn a bright shade of yellow in the process.

So, how do you feel about lemons??

Thanks so much for joining me today at the Fence,

Sharing this here:

Inspiration Gallery

I’m not such a lemon lover, but you’ve made this look so good I may have to try this. You photography is seriously amazing. I am trying out my husband’s camera and learning all about how to use it. I’m hoping to get my photography better this year.
    Judy recently posted..Teen Lounge SpaceMy Profile

I love lemons on and in everything! (OK, maybe not cereal.) I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had lemon in pasta. GASP. How can this be? I have a lemon tree in my very own backyard and I’m 1/4 Italian. This must be rectified immediately! Thanks for the idea… I’m always looking for new easy dinners! Wonder how it would taste with some grilled chicken added in? YUMMO! (Thanks too for the fog post the other day. I’m still contemplating it!)
    Make it a wonderfully blessed day! xoxo jules
    Julia recently posted..GlassesUSA.comMy Profile

I think I love lemon as much or more than you. I cannot live without lemon. If I don’t have them in the fridge, then I freak out. The pasta looks delish and right down my ally.

First off, the photography is just beautiful in this post! Maybe it’s because it involves lemons and I happen to love lemon, A LOT. Although lemon water is gross. Anyways, beautiful photos Vanessa. :) Thanks for the recipe, you can bet I will be making it this week!
    ange recently posted..Anna’s Room MakeoverMy Profile

I love lemons. Lemons cut up and in a little baggy were carried around with me during the first 4 months of pregnancy with my first daughter. If I felt a little queasy I would whip one out and take several deep sniffs of the lemon and the nausea would subside!
    Your dish looks yummy… I think I will attempt it! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Vanessa! Oh, yes I’m a lemon lover! Your pasta looks so good and I’ll have to try it. I have a lemon tree and the fruit ripen just around Christmas time and I have lots of fun with my lemons!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 😉
    Shelia recently posted..MantelfestationMy Profile

7. Sharon B. says

I love lemons, so I’ll have to try this recipe. I absolutely love the bowl the pasta is in. Can you tell me where you bought it and how long ago (would there be any possibility i could find more of them?)

8. Sue says

l love the fresh taste that lemon brings to the table. I make a frozen lemon pie that is light and refreshing and always a hit for parties. Your pasta dish looks delish! I’m always up for a new recipe to try. Gotta run to the store for lemons first! :-)
    Sue recently posted..Icy MemoriesMy Profile

9. Elic says

Sounds good, more of a lime lover than lemon, but I’d bet this would work with lime too! I can also see it with orange, but the roomie is supposed to avoid orange so I might not go with that. Heck, ANYTHING is better with sour cream!