Our Best from 2012 ~ Happy New Year!

Community.

That was the word that kept flying back and forth between us as we planned and dreamed of a joint blogging venture.

It would be called At the Picket Fence, because we envisioned people walking out of their front doors, coffee (or whatever your beverage choice may be) cup in hand and meeting us there. A magical fence line that extended from one home to the next….to the next…to the next.

We would probably be in the same pair of sweat pants every day but we knew you wouldn’t mind, right? šŸ˜‰

Our heart was for creating a place where you would always feel welcomed, cared about and hopefully inspired.

As 2012 began we never could have imagined just how much our community would grow and how many incredible opportunities we would have!

Happy New Year

And as we usher in 2013, we look back not only to share some of our favorite projects and experiences, we also look back to remember what is most important to us. Why we do this blogging thing. We are reminded of how much we have to be thankful for. How many incredible things have happened.

But, most of all, how very blessed we are that you choose to meet us here…At the Picket Fence!

So, as we say good-bye to 2012, we also say “thank you” to all of you who have supported and encouraged us along the way. We hope that you have always felt that same support from us because YOU are our community and we cherish you!

Now, how about some highlights from this past year?

Heather’s Kitchen Remodel

Christmas 2012 Kitchen At The Picket Fence

which led to an incredible feature in

Better Homes and Gardens

Vanessa’sĀ Under Stair Closet Turned Butler’s Pantry

silver trays, vintage silver trays on wall

Heather’s Powder Room Makeover

19932285291

Vanessa’s Mudroom Makeover

DSC_0566-1

Heather’sĀ 4th of July Jello Shots

jello, shots, 4th of July, desserts, firecrackers, patriotic, alcohol

Vanessa shared her insights intoĀ Talking to Your Kids About Adoption

2012 found the Picket Fence sisters hitting the road and our first stop was the Haven Conference where we had more fun then should be legal and made lasting friendships!

Fall of 2012 found Heather having the opportunity to be a speaker at the Southern Blogger’s Conference.

AndĀ Vanessa worked with LG and represented At the Picket Fence in NYC.

In 2012, we also welcomed our new Contributor Julie to the Picket Fence team.

Be watching for a lot more from her in 2013!

Pioneer Birthday Party

And, 2012 found us starting exciting new partnerships!

We love our roles as Ambassadors for Hometalk and being apart of the incredibly supportive community there.

You will also now find us over on another blog!

Being regular contributors to the FOLK Magazine Blog is a dream come true and we have been having so much fun sharing our projects, recipes, fashion and more!

Ā Heather’s Croquembouche and Kentucky Champagne

Easy to make Croquembouche and Kentucky Champagne for New Years Eve

Vanessa’s Homemade Vanilla Extract

homemade vanilla extract ingredients

Community.

It is still the heart and soul of At the Picket Fence.

And as we look towards the future, you are always on our minds.

Oh great. Now we’re channeling Willy Nelson.

“Maybe I didn’t hold you, all those lonely, lonely times. And I guess I never told you I’m so happy that you’re mine. If I make you feel second best, Girl, I’m sorry I was blind. But you were always on my mind, you were always on my mind.”

Ahem…

So, as we say farewell to 2012 we hope you know that our biggest goal for this New Year is to continue to provide a place for you to come and

Be inspired

Get new ideasĀ

Hear from our hearts

and

Always, ALWAYS feel apart of the community here At the Picket Fence.

Happy New Year friends!

dual signature

Comments

1. Miriam@bebookbound.blogspot.com says

I think you’ve really created that community here! And I hope you don’t mind that I am always in the same pair of sweats too, haha :) Happy New Years to you both!

So many great projects. Oh how I love post like this! Thanks and Happy New Year. Can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store for At the Picket Fence.

Heather & Vanessa – Thank you both for being such an inspiring blog for me this past year.

You helped me so much when I did my advertising with you and I’m very grateful for your assistance.

Wishing you both a great 2013.

Judy
    Judy Clark recently posted..VignettesMy Profile

Happy New Year girls! I hope 2013 brings you much laughter, joy and peace! I enjoyed looking back at all the great projects! I can’t wait to see how the Lord blesses you in 2013! Blessings to you! Christie at Three Pixie Lane I registered for the Haven Conference in Atlanta! I sure hope you are going and/or speaking!! I am so excited!
    Christie Thomas recently posted..20 Questions for a 2012 ReflectionMy Profile

Heather and Vanessa, Community is the perfect word! You have wrapped your arms and hearts around all the blogging community and anyone who visits your PICKET FENCE! Thanks for the help you have given me this year!!!
    You two have had a wonderfully successful… and giving year! I am totally inspired by you!
    xo Happy New Year! Here’s to a great 2013!
    Yvonne @ StoneGable recently posted..HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013~ RESOLUTIONS!My Profile

I have to say that it TRULY has been such a Blessing to get to know the both of you. Your love and honest concern and joy for others is a unique quality and inspiration to all, I am sure. I enjoyed looking and reading through your Year end wrap-up, some I am familiar with and others are new to me, being I was sick for 1/2 the year. I can’t believe I missed that ADORABLE pioneer birthday party.. Love it!!! I am looking forward to seeing what this 2013 has in store for you two SWEET ladies… :)
    Blessings
    Angelina
    Angelina recently posted..New Year, New Things!My Profile

What a great post! I have only been following your blog for a few months so a lot of your projects were new to me. You girls have had a great year and I hope 2013 is just as wonderful! Thanks for all of the ideas and inspiration and for being just like “The girls next door”!

XO,
    Jane
    Jane recently posted..HIGHLIGHTS OF 2012 (PART 1)My Profile

Heather and Vanessa…what a remarkable year of blessings…for you and us!!..as we are blessed to be a part of your projects and stories and beautiful successes…I remember the excitement of Heather seeing her kitchen makeover in print for the first time….and was so happy when Vanessa was able to go to the “Big Apple” for an amazing experience with LG ….I have so enjoyed visiting you two..and finally meeting the two of you….May the year ahead bring you both joy and many blessings!!!

Happy New Year! What a truly incredible, fun, creative and blessed 2012 you both had! I love all of your amazing projects and how exciting for you, Vanessa to travel to NY and, for you, Heather to be featured in BH&G! Loved getting to meet you, Heather and, Vanessa, I’m REALLY hoping I get to meet you at Haven. Until then, I’ll just continue to be inspired by the gals At the Picket Fence. xoxo