Mason Jar Breakfast To Go

Breakfast-in-a-mason-jar At the Picket Fence

Do you like to have breakfast for dinner at your house?

It is one of our absolute favorite things to do at ours. Kinda almost feels a little naughty, doesn’t it?

Maybe that’s why my kids like it!

Besides, it is a known fact that breakfast foods can be eaten at any time of the day while the same can’t be said for lunch and dinner.

I mean, I have NO problem at all having leftover dessert for breakfast but I draw the line at meatloaf or tuna salad!

mason-jar-breakfast-to-go www.atthepicketfence.com

And I’ve decided that since breakfast food is already fairly close to perfection the only way to improve upon it was to put it in a mason jar. Isn’t everything better in a mason jar?

eggs-bacon-hash-browns-in-mason-jar www.atthepicketfence.com

Layers of scrambled eggs (I like to add goat cheese to mine for extra creaminess), crispy hash browns and then crumbled bacon on top. What better way to start the day? Or afternoon? Or evening?

And to take this breakfast ‘to go’, simply tie on a fork with a piece of twine.

This would be perfect to send with kids as they rush out the door for school!

breakfast-in-a-mason-jar-to-go www.atthepicketfence.com

I’m sorry but there is just no way to get meatloaf to look that cute…even in a mason jar!

Breakfast-in-a-mason-jar At the Picket Fence

Can you tell how much we  love Mason Jars here At the Picket Fence!

Check out some of these other fabulous ways to use them:

BLT Salad in a Mason Jar

salad-in-mason-jar-blt-salad_thumb

Cherry Cheesecake in a Mason Jar

Cherry_Cheesecake_recipe21

Bird’s Nest Cupcake in a Mason Jar

Bird's Nest Cupcakes in Mason Jars from At The Picket Fence

Patriotic Flag Mason Jar

Uncommon 4th of July Porch Flag Lantern 2011

And how about these Mason Jar Maple Martinis?

MasonJarMapleMartiniRecipeYum_thumb

So, would you eat breakfast in a mason jar? I can vouch for the fact that it is a fun way to start the day. Especially since I devoured this as soon as I finished taking the pictures!

Thanks so much for stopping by the Fence today,

1553F4F30A9801A6AFB3E9C624118E7B

And don’t forget we have the FABULOUS “Pinstagram” $600 Visa Gift Card Giveaway going on for two more days!

Sharing this here:

Tuesday’s Treasures

Inspire Me Tuesday

Swing Into Spring

Project Inspired Party

Comments

Oh yes, I’d eat breakfast from a mason jar, in a black car, from a purple jar…oh my, Dr. Seuss came to my mind, I’ll stop now! :)
    I love breakfast anytime of the day and this is such a cute idea! Hope you’ll pop over and share it at AMM!
    Blessings sweet ladies!!!
    Cindy
    Cindy recently posted..AMAZE ME MONDAY #4My Profile

Such a clever idea- and the twine and fork make it super cute!- of course I’m smitten with anything in a jar- now the gears are turning- mini pancakes next?
    Thanks for sharing :)

That looks like a great idea! I could eat breakfast anytime of the day or night. A lot of the time when we go out Sunday after church, we go to this little diner and I have breakfast. Love it!

Judy

What a cute idea. As for meatloaf . . . I think if you made the individual meatloaf (in a muffin tin) and layered with mashed potatoes it would be cute. BUT still not as cute as breakfast!

You guys make everything look so pretty!. For years I would bring hot tea to work in a jar. I’m a faux painter living in Italy and the boyz on the job site think it is weird. I wrap around a cloth napkin to keep it warm. Recently I saw someone made a cashmere cozy for the mason jar -that’s so cool. Yogurt and fruit is good to go too.

Cheers
    Natalie
    Sette Design recently posted..Bicycle of FlowersMy Profile

I always have a large group at the beach house we rent every year. I could make these up ahead of time and keep them in the oven to warm. My family and friends could grab them as they wake up. Now, I have to start thinking of lunch ideas if they want to take them down to the ocean.

7. MDR says

Great photos!! You did not mention making holes in the lid and using the jar to catch fire flies at night. Then, if you are a 10-year old boy, you sneak the jar of fire flies into your grandparents house when all the relatives have gathered, and, after everyone has gone to bed, you release the fire flies. All thirty of them! (I have more life experiences to teach “my boy” as he gets older.) Love, Dad

Brilliant! And yes, eating breakfast for dinner feels just a touch naughty… and that is the best part! Thanks so much for all of the mason jar meal ideas. I have yet to serve my family a meal in a jar. It’s about time I do that! Hugs.

Thanks so much for sharing your delish breakfast to go recipe at Project Inspire[d} Vanessa! Your recipe is my feature pick of the week and I made you a little featured button here: http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/05/8-delicious-recipes-features-from.html Hope to see you at this week’s party: http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/05/project-inspired-linky-party-no.html xo Heather
    Heather recently posted..8 Delicious Recipes // Features from Project Inspire{d} Linky Party No. 13My Profile

The image that was mailed disclosed the names of the four DLC
    map packs: Onslaught, Devastation, Invasion and Nemesis.
    By temporarily blocking connections to and from
    their Xbox 360, they will appear frozen to everybody else in the game but in reality are actually still moving around and playing locally.
    They tend to use tactical jargon that they don’t understand too, like,
    “Guys we need to flank on their aft so that we can penetrate their core defensive line.
    https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=rjc05y1gbhm recently posted..https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=rjc05y1gbhmMy Profile

11. marge says

can anyone tell me if you can put the mason jars (without the lids of course, maybe just plastic wrap over the top) in a micro wave to reheat once I get to work ??
    Thanks