Our Fall Home Tours ~ Finding Fall & BHG

We are so thrilled and honored to be part of the incredible Finding Fall Home Tours. Join 16 Bloggers and Better Homes & Gardens as they share endless inspiration and ideas for welcoming fall to your home!

Finding Fall Home Tours from atthepicketfence.com

If you’ve hopped over to our place after visiting the gorgeous home of Melanie from My Sweet Savannah , welcome to At the Picket Fence! We’re two sisters, living in different parts of the country but sharing the same passion for turning our houses into welcoming homes for friends and family.

finding fall graphic

Let’s take a peek inside Vanessa’s home, shall we?

Hi there! Welcome to my home nestled in the beautiful Willamette Valley in Oregon. I’m so glad you’re here and I can’t wait to show you how I’ve dressed up my home for fall. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how much my style has evolved over the years and come to a conclusion…

I’m a lot like Goldilocks.

Oh sure, my hair is brown and I’m…ahem…slightly older but other than that we are just alike! 😉

Welcome to Vanessa's fall home tour from atthepicketfence.com

Fall front door from atthepicketfence.com

You see, Goldilocks had to try and try again to find just the right porridge, the right chair to sit in and the right bed to rest in. And I’ve had to try and try again to find just the right balance when it comes to decorating my home for fall.

//FOYER//

A simple fall entry vignette with gilded leaf plates from atthepicketfence.com

Gold gilded leaves on plates from atthepicketfence.com

It can’t be too fussy…maybe just some dried hydrangeas in an old wooden toolbox.

Hydrangeas and pine cones in a vintage toolbox for easy autumn decor from atthepicketfence.com

It can’t be too simple…I do love adding layers and layers to get just the right look.

//LIVING ROOM//

Fall Living Room with vintage platter mantel from atthepicketfence.com

Especially when it involves vintage silver trays and all sorts of sparkly fall goodness.

Silver platter fall mantel from atthepicketfence.com

It might involve an easy craft like a Popcorn Kernel Wreath

Popcorn kernel wreath hanging on iron door from atthepicketfence.com

//DINING ROOM//

Traditional dining room decorated for fall from atthepicketfence.com

Or one that’s slightly more involved but worth the extra effort like this corn husk wreath.

Fall dining room with corn husk wreath from atthepicketfence.com

I might have tried my hand at complicated centerpieces or table arrangements. But after trying and trying I keep coming back to the simple beauty of orange pumpkins in a silver bowl.

It just felt right.

Orange pumpkins in silver bowl from atthepicketfence.com

It also felt right to hang a grapevine wreath on this large window pane.

//STAIRCASE NICHE//

Fall window pane with grapevine wreath, hydrangeas and wheat in silver urn vignette from atthepicketfence.com

And while in the past, I tried and tried to decorate this fireplace mantel with an abundance of fall-ishness, what feels the most right is the simplicity of my ode to the picket fence.

//FAMILY ROOM//

Picket Fence wall art fall mantel decorating

And three little pumpkins all in a row.

pumpkins-on-fall-mantel atthepicketfence.com

Fall family room built in display from atthepicketfence.com

It’s taken many years…

White pumpkin in urn with raffia from atthepicketfence.com

…and like Goldilocks I’ve had to try many different types of “porridge”, “chairs” and “beds”…

Vintage globe collection from atthepicketfence.com

But, in the end, I believe I’ve finally found my own “just right”.

hydrangeas in teapot

Now, let’s head across the country to Heather’s home in beautiful Georgia!

As you have seen on here, we have recently moved to Georgia and have a brand new house to decorate and style! I gave you a tour of the before so I’m so excited to finally get to show you some of the rooms I have finished! So, welcome to our house down South…

Heather Finding Fall Home Tour

//FRONT PORCH//

Southern fall front porch

I’m still loving my house numbers pumpkin topiary.  It was so super easy to make and makes a big impact!

wheat and pumpkins in vintage galvanized chicken feeder

I purchased the vintage chicken feeder and burlap Welcome bag from one of my favorite stores in the area, Spoon Sisters! Filled with pumpkins and flowers they are fun variation from the typical fall front porch decor.

Fall front door arrangement in burlap sack

happy fall yall chalkboard sign on window

//FOYER//

You might remember this piece that I spray painted and styled from bargains and thrift store finds!

fall foyer

I’m sharing a sneak peek of the next two rooms!

//DINING ROOM SNEAK PEEK//

Here’s a glimpse of my new dining room but, stay tuned next week for a full reveal of my fall dining room courtesy of Kirklands!

blue and white fall dining room

//LIVING ROOM SNEEK PEEK//

The living room is up next on my list of rooms to finish, but here’s a little peek at the bar area and a glimpse of me new blue and white chairs…can we say “in love!”

fall bar area pumpkins in silver urn

//GUEST ROOM//

One of the first rooms I wanted to get set up in our new house was our guest room! We knew that we would have lots of friends and family come to visit and wanted a nice place for them to rest and relax!

guest bedroom with touches of fall

I went with a simple blue and white color scheme in this room which pairs nicely with the mahogany furniture we inherited from my in-laws.  It’s been in the family since they were married, and we are so privileged to be able to use it in our home.

touches of fall in guest bedroom

fall ideas for the guest room

//BREAKFAST AREA//

rattan chairs and tulip table with gold and white pumpkins

If you’ve been following my projects lately, you know I’m crushing on gold! If it sits still long enough, I guild it…these little pumpkins on our breakfast table were no exception.

gold and white striped pumpkins with gilded stems

//FAMILY ROOM//

In my family room I went in a completely different direction than our previous house with bright pops of color  against a canvas of white.  By choosing neutral foundational pieces I can change out accessories as the seasons change…or when I get tired of them. grin.

family room with touches of fall

simple fall mantel with maple leaves and painted branch

garden stool side table with pumpkin filled dough bowl

fall coffee table with gold pumpkin

blue gold and orange fall touches on bookcase

I hope you’ve enjoyed some of the room reveals in my new home! We have several more in the works like our Alabama game room, our master bedroom, my office and our living room…so stay tuned!

Are you ready to see even more fabulous ideas and inspiration for welcoming fall to your home? It’s time to continue the tours over at the gorgeous home of our friend Jennifer Rizzo!

And to see all of the homes included in the tour just click on the image below and you will get to start at the very beginning. You won’t want to miss a single one!

finding-home-button-copy

For EVEN MORE fall goodness, be sure to join us all over at the BHG Finding Fall Pinterest Board where we are pinning some fabulous fall inspiration!

Thank you so much for stopping by our homes today!

We wish all of you a beautiful Fall filled with everything you love most about this glorious time of the year!

dual-signature_thumb2

Comments

Thanks for the tours ladies. Both homes are luvly.
    Vanessa, I am happy to know i am in good company with all the dried hydrangeas all around . That is the back bone of my Fall theme this year.
    Heather your feed bag welcome on the front door… stunning. Might have to ‘borrow’ .
    Happy today ladies.
    Hugs, Gee
    Gee recently posted..A Perfect day… and Horses.My Profile

I was wondering if you were both going to post your homes and I’m so glad you did!! Both are gorgeous, you are two talented sisters!! Thanks so much for all the Fall inspiration, i can’t wait to start pinning!!
    xoxo
    Karen

Love both of these tours! Heather….that burlap bag on your front door….shut up! LOVE IT!!!!!!! And Vanessa….seriously….the leaves on the plates! AMAZING!

You are total rock stars!
    karianne
    Thistle recently posted..Just DanceMy Profile

4. Kimberly Bruhn says

Heather…you are and have always been beautiful but you look simply stunning…svelte! I’ve been enjoying your blog for awhile but haven’t commented. And your sister lives somewhere in my neck of the woods…we live in Ashland, Oregon…on the very southern tip of Oregon and by the way, she’s very lovely, too! Ok, I’m not a stalker. I really just am envious of the way you both put together your homes and your own personal style. Have a great day!

Amazing Fall tours, girls … you both look beautiful! Vanessa … from the hydrangeas in the vintage toolbox … your incredible mantel display using silver platters … to the genius wreaths from popcorn and corn husks, you knocked it outta the Fall decorating ballpark, sweet friend. And, I love the gold leaves on the plates in your foyer (great idea)! Heather, your front porch is beyond inviting (I *want* your Welcome bag and love how you placed flowers in there), and I’m sure numbered topiaries are popping up all over your new neighborhood now! Your new vibrant color palette inside is so fun, alive and welcoming … your pops of Fall orange look gorgeous against your shades of blue! Happy Fall!
    Becca recently posted..Fall Sitting RoomMy Profile

Wow! Bravo girls! Beautiful!! Our house is on the market and all my “goodies” are packed up. So, I’m missing getting out all my favorite things to decorate with. Say some prayers, we need to sell, so we can just get on with it all. 😉 Thanks for sharing your beautiful homes!!
    Vicki Shead recently posted..Guest Post: Homemade Salsa RecipeMy Profile

The Spoon Sisters is one of my very favorite places, in fact they bought several of my barn quilts to sell in their store. Wonderful store & great ladies!
    ♥’s
    Sherry

Absolutely gorgeous, Vanessa and Heather! I love your styles and your homes look stunning decorated for Fall! Vanessa, I love the silver trays over your fireplace mantel- quite a statement! Heather, I love the burlap bag, pumpkin topiary and chicken feeder- all so inviting! Thanks for sharing your Fall home’s tours!
    Betsy(@coastal-colors) recently posted..Black Accents In Home DecorMy Profile

You both have beautiful homes and distinctly different styles. Vanessa, I’m a bit like Goldilocks too. It takes awhile for our personal style to evolve. Love the simplicity in your fall decorating Vanessa. Heather, I also like your bold design! Can’t wait to see how you finish your rooms. That is one huge canvas you have to work with.
    Sandy recently posted..Tweaking my fall decorMy Profile

Vanessa–How have I never realized you were in Oregon???? We lived in Monmouth for several years. I would have loved to chat with you about the area, but instead we talked in the elevator at Haven about flight attendants. ROFL. Maybe next year! And I’m so jealous, because that was one of my favorite places ever to enjoy Fall. Not quite the same in Texas!

Both homes are gorgeous gals! Thanks for opening your homes to us!

What beautifully decorated fall homes! Vanessa I love your silver platters over your mantle!And Heather I love your front porch and door decor! Great inspiration ladies thanks for sharing! I am sharing my home via tour too hope you can stop on by.Have a great weekend!
    xx
    Anne

Oh, Vanessa and Heather–how beautiful both your homes look! Vanessa/Goldilocks, I think you’ve done a great job in finding a style that’s “just right” for you and your family as well as inspiring to all of us. And Heather, I’m so impressed to see how things are going in your new home! I was delighted to see that you’re also using cotton in your front door display. Seeing that you did that makes me feel smart for having included cotton on my own front door! (Besides, that’s my family history–my grandfather was a sharecropper and Jack’s grandfather was a tenant farmer. We don’t come from very high stock!)

Love you girls and I am so proud to see you in this amazing tour of homes. Congratulations!
    Richella Parham recently posted..An Autumn front porchMy Profile

Loved touring both of your fall decorated homes. Great mantel decor, Vanessa with the trays above and Heather I am looking forward to more of those sneak peek rooms. Loving all the color I see.

14. Sue Tait says

Your homes are so beautiful! Heather you look so fabulous, you are doing so well with your weight loss. It is hard, but well worth it. Thanks for all you post and all the gorgeous pictures of your beautiful things…