I’ll never forget that dress…
Lamé…do they even make dresses in lamé anymore…. because they should! The subtle (or not so subtle) sheen picked up the pulsating lights on the dance floor perfectly.
I felt so sophisticated! So, beautiful next to my date, in his black suit and matching gold bolo tie. We stood proudly in front of the fake New York City skyline backdrop with the gold and black balloon arch above our heads.
Now my daughter is going to homecomings…but there’s no way she has ANYTHING on my white and gold lamé with black velvet bodice 1987 dress…but these white and gold decoupage pumpkins might give that dress a run for its money!
GOLD AND WHITE DECOUPAGE PUMPKINS
1) pumpkins, decorative tissue paper, mod podge, brush, gold decorative wire, wire cutters
2) cut paper into strips, the length between edge of stem and bottom of pumpkin
3) brush mod podge onto back side of paper and press onto pumpkin running fingers down indentations to define them
4) cut and glue strips to fit in between gaps. Cover entire pumpkin in mod podge making sure all edges are glued down. Go over indentations in pumpkin again for definition
5) wrap gold wire around stem leaving long ends to curl. Trim and place on stem
I was having so much fun with this color combination I thought I’d throw in an extra pumpkin! I used some left over gilding paint, gave it a quick coat and decoupaged on a pretty moth graphic!
So much glitz and glamour and not a piece of lamé in sight! …maybe sophistication without lamé is possible after all!
We hope you’re enjoying our 5 Pumpkins 5 Ways series this week!
If you missed it, be sure to see Vanessa’s Clock Pumpkin she shared with us yesterday and we hope you’ll join us next Monday for a Pumpkin Linky Party! We can’t wait to see all of your amazing pumpkins and we’ll be sharing many of them on our At The Picket Fence Facebook Page!
See you back here tomorrow…… for a fun and unique kid’s pumpkin project!
Thanks for joining me At The Picket Fence!
PS…Here are the winners of the Kirkland’s MyHarvestHome Giveaway!
We will be contacting you by email…congratulations!
Want At The Picket Fence delivered to your in-box? Enter your email for free updates!