A Blue, Blue, Blue Thanksgiving Tablescape!

Blue and White Dining Room Thanksgiving Tablescape

I’ve always been a traditional sorta gal.  I love classic colors associated with the seasons.  Red and pink for Valentine’s Day, orange and brown for fall…green and red for Christmas.

But sometimes it’s fun to break away from tradition and create a fresh new color palette.  Like my blue and white Thanksgiving tablescape.

I had so much fun finding ways for my Thanksgiving table to still say “autumn” while using the blue and white pieces I already have.

Blue and White Dining Room Thanksgiving Tablescape

Pieces curated from thrift stores and garage sales….

Blue and White Dining Room Thanksgiving Tablescape

Adding the little details, like gilded acorns to the base of white chippy lanterns, mixes traditional elements into the tablescape.

Fall lantern with acorns

Two pairs of  pretty burnished gold quails stand guard over the meal, while a white runner over created from vintage crochet pieces adds a soft touch to a piece of burlap.

gold burnished pheasants in fall tables cape

gold leaves ad some bling and orange mums a pop of color.

Blue and White Dining Room Thanksgiving Tablescape

while vintage silverware tied with twine and chalkboard tags add some rustic refinement!

vintage silverware tied with chalkboard tag and twine
I love the bright cheerfulness of my blue and white dining room and the fact that I can still decorate seasonally with a non-traditional color palette! As your getting ready to host for your family and friends this Thanksgiving, think of ways you can add seasonal decor to items you use everyday for a fun new take on Thanksgiving table!

blue and white fall dining room

I’m so honored to be joining a fabulous and talented group of ladies who are sharing their Thanksgiving tables all week long!

photo ATHThanksgivingbutton-large_zps0d610bea.jpg
Be sure to visit all of these amazing bloggers!

Monday, Nov 11th

Thursday, November 14

The Lilypad Cottage
Atta Girl Says
All Things Heart And Home
Top This Top That
Town And Country Living

For my entire dining room reveal, visit me here.

A Blue and White Fall Dining Room

See you back here soon….at the picket fence!

signature

Comments

So pretty! I have always been partial to traditional color for holidays, but slowly seeing beautiful settings like this are helping me break the mold! It’s definitely the little elements and touches that make this so perfect! Thanks for the inspiration today!
    Jennifer recently posted..Hearty {and Healthy} Autumn BreadMy Profile

2. Suzi says

your dining room is gorgeous!! playing the orange with it makes it so fallish too. i am so glad blue is staging a big comeback in decor as i have always loved it. decades ago my dining room was similar to the blues you used here and i used silver and white with it for a couple of Christmanses….aw memories.

I love the blue! It’s my favorite color to decorate with, and it’s the perfect compliment to the colors of fall. I couldn’t help noticing your blue and white curtains too. So pretty! Please tell me that they’re ready made panels and that they’re still available? (They’re probably custom.) Thanks for sharing your lovely tablescape.

• says

Hi Kim! Hope you see this. They are actually from Ikea!! Very inexpensive. :) I think you can order them online if you don’t have an Ikea by you.

Heather

Oh my. It is just beautiful. I love that it is a bit untraditional with the blue but still traditional too with the acorns and fall leaves. Those lanterns are divine. And I adore those mini chalkboard tags on the silverware. Thanks so much for joining in our tour, we are so happy to have you share your table with us. xxoo
    Barb @ The Everyday Home recently posted..A Thanksgiving TablescapeMy Profile

Heather, white and blue with pops of orange is really my very favorite Thanksgiving table colors! Your table is a beautiful example of how warm and welcoming and “fall” those colors can really be! I adore your dining room!

What a clever idea to take your stunning silverware and tie it with twine and those precious little chalkboards! That rustic luxe combo makes me swoon!
    You are a traditional girl, but you have sure put a wonderful modern twist on it! Very you!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my sweet friend!
    Yvonne @ StoneGable recently posted..HOW TO ROAST THE MOST SCRUMPTIOUS TURKEY EVERMy Profile

6. Tami says

Stunning table!! Never would of thought of using blue, but it works beautifully. I’m in love with the lanterns, could you tell me where you got them? thanks, Happy Thanksgiving!

That’s it, I’m coming over for dinner! 😉 The blue is so refreshing, like a breath of fresh air among the heaviness of November. You’re outdone yourself, it’s LOVELY!

I’ve always been a fan of blue and white. I love the way you were able to blend that palette with Fall. So pretty. Also, I particularly loved your phrase “rustic refinement” when talking about the silverware. Wouldn’t that be a great name for a blog? Also, it was great seeing you at RB the other day.
    Denise recently posted..The Kitchen Painting is Complete!My Profile

Your blue Thanksgiving table is lovely. For some reason, blue china has always been the prettiest to me. My wedding china was even in blue. The lantern is gorgeous, and the little gold birds are sweet. You have really made a nice table for Thanksgiving. I am already getting into the Christmas spirit, as it is my favorite holiday of all.

Have a blessed weekend.

Love,
    ~Sheri

Your dining room is stunning, Heather, and the blue and white and orange woks so well with your bold patterns and your furniture. Your Thanksgiving guests will be very lucky, and I know you’ll be cooking something delicious for them.