Decorating for Christmas …Heather’s Home Tour

At The Picket Fence Holiday Housewalk 2013

It’s time for another Deck the Halls Holiday Housewalk! I am so honored to be here for a second year in a row among such amazingly talented bloggers.  I love getting to see everyone’s homes decked out for the holidays…real homes!

To see all 30 houses from the beginning be sure to start at our lovely hostesses house, Jennifer Rizzo, and take a stroll through these amazing homes!

Jennifer Rizzo holiday 150 housewalk button

Today is Day Four of the housewalk, if you head over to Jen’s you can see all of today’s homes….

Paoge Knudsen

and if you are coming over from the super talented Page Knudsen welcome to At The Picket Fence!

If you are a regular reader of ours than you’ll know that normally you get two homes in one post when it comes to our home tours but this year Vanessa and I each have our own special day!  Be sure to visit Vanessa’s Holiday Housewalk Tour from yesterday!

I’m so excited to have you in my home today! We’ve been in our new Georgia home five months and we are love being back down South, where we greet you with a “Hey Y’all!” when you stop by for a visit!

At The Picket Fence Holiday Housewalk

Come on in and take a stroll with me…I might even have a new room to reveal to you before the tour is over!  Now normally I’m pretty chatty and would follow you around talking your ear off, but today I’m going to just let you take  a walk through my home with my lips sealed shut.  Okay so almost sealed shut…grin.

//FOYER//

//BREAKFAST ROOM//

At The Picket Fence Holiday Housewalk 2013

I inherited this beautiful brass deer this year from my Mother.  It was in our childhood home for years and I was so excited for it to have a place of honor in my holiday home.

//FAMILY ROOM//

At The Picket Fence Holiday Housewalk 2013

Here’s a full shot of my flocked Christmas tree, in it’s Mirrored Tree Stand.  It was such an easy DIY project and I’m in love with it!

//GUEST BATH//

//LIVING ROOM//

I’m so excited to show you my living room! Would you believe it was empty just a few short weeks ago!? I just love this room and find myself sitting here relaxing, reading and working.  It’s so peaceful.

At The Picket Fence Holiday Housewalk 2013 11

I’ll be sharing more about that gorgeous tree from Balsam Hill on Saturday, it’s amazing and a dream come true tree for me!

//DINING ROOM/

//BEDROOM//

We’ll wrap up the tour in my favorite spot in the house.  My reading chair in my master bedroom where I’m reading one of my favorite author’s…there’s something fun about a good Christmas book…it’s pure bliss! 😉

At The Picket Fence Holiday Housewalk 2013

Thank you for stopping by to see me! I hope you gathered up some fresh new ideas for decorating for Christmas.

From our home to yours we wish you a very Merry Christmas and may your holidays be filled with love and joy!

Patterson family

signature

Up next on the housewalk is a special treat… Shhhh….it’s a surprise house!! Any guesses who it might be?!

Surprise house 25

Comments

Oh girrrrl! You’re right — how funny that we have so many of the same things. I always knew I loved your taste. :) haha. Everything is AMAZING! I can’t believe you’ve only been in your home such a short time and already it looks so finished and beautiful! Love love love!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way recently posted..Christmas Home TourMy Profile

Welcome back to the South! And to Georgia!!!
    {We live in Athens!}

I’m digging that “Hey Y’all” gold print!!! Where’d you get yours?

Merriest Christmas!

Your home looks beautiful, Heather! I love how colorful it is; the blues especially are very jewel tone. Five months there? I’m glad you were able to find your Christmas stuff! I remember when we moved I had to organize boxes as I searched, and I’m sure I didn’t find everything that first year in our new place.
    Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions recently posted..Giveaway Day 3My Profile

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the blue and gold! And your family… gorgeous! But I gotta know where you got your living room chairs, I’m looking for something like that for my family room. Just need a little conversation area in front of the fireplace. Something like that would be awesome. I’ve seen some, but they aren’t big enough. Those look big and comfy… like you’d be comfy sitting, sipping and talking. Merry Christmas Sweetie!! God Bless!
    Vicki Shead recently posted..Retro Holiday FreebieMy Profile

• says

Hey Vicki! I got them off over Overstock.com of all places! I think they still have them and they were very reasonably priced. I like that they are low but not too low, if that makes sense and they are very comfortable! Thank you for your sweet words about my family and home. blessings to you! Heather

5. Stormie says

Heather your house is beautiful and you look AMAZING!! Beautiful family as well! Just wanted you to know that I was inspired by one of your past posts about your journey and am using it for inspiration! You should be so proud! Oh and I love the blue you used too, it’s inspiring for someone like me who uses creams, tans, and browns! Merry Christmas!
    Thank you again to you and your sister, such an inspirational blog!

• says

Knowing I’ve inspired someone else to get healthy means more to me than anything else! I’m so glad to hear you are on your own journey Stormie! Keep me updated on how you are doing and let me know if you ever need a little extra encouragement! Heather

Oh, Heather, girl! I don’t know what you were talking about on Facebook, but your house looks amazing and stunning for Christmas!! Wowza, gorgeous pics, you did a super job with it all. I’m telling you, all the talent in blogland this year is seriously getting to me. I cannot compete! This is the first year of blogging that I’ve felt like that and I’m going to have to mention that in a blog post. If we feel like that, imagine how our readers must feel?

Gorgeous, girl!! REally, truly gorgeous, I love all the blues and greens!

7. Tardevil says

This tour just keeps getting better and better! And before I forget, you are rocking that outfit! Love the necklaces. Your daughter should be a model. Anyway, I love all of the royal blue touches, along w/ the turquoise. The ornament’s hanging from the chandelier are gorgeous. Your furniture choices are awesome, too…one of my favorite tours, so far.

Oh Heather, you have me thinking blue and I’ve never considered blue for Christmas! The gold and blue is gorgeous! The stars are perfect and the Red Cross poster framed really caught my eye! Love the unique and unexpected items! Hope y’all have a marvelous Christmas in your new home!
    Helen recently posted..Decorating A Three Tier TableMy Profile

Heather, I’m late getting to your open house, too, but what a fun and festive mood you’ve set! I have some vintage cobalt ornaments I love to decorate with, and now I’m wishing I’d pulled them out this year… It’s wonderful seeing you enjoy your first Christmas in your new house — and seeing your personality shine through in your decor. Welcome back to the South!
    Susan @ My Place to Yours recently posted..Whimsy: A Christmas ThemeMy Profile

• says

Thank you so much Susan! I so appreciate that you came by to take the tour with me! So glad to be back down south. All the best this Christmas to you and yours! Heather

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button!
    I’d certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will share this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!
    Blanche recently posted..BlancheMy Profile

This past month as been a crazy world wind of passing days and I’m late to the Christmas tour. I’m new to your blog and I absolutely love the colors you used this year. Especially the Hey Y’all sign, the gold guilded dear head and the red cross poster. Reading through your comments I see where you got the “Hey Y’all” sign. Would you mind sharing the other resources. I look forward to going to Vanessa’s tour and visiting your blog in the future. Happy New Year.