A Southern Summer Home Tour 2014

Moss Wreath Planter

WELCOME to Georgia y’all!! Where the weather’s HOT and the tea is SWEET! I’m so honored to be following my friend Rhoda, of Southern Hospitality on the 2014 Blogger Summer Home Tour; hosted by my fabulous and talented friend Gina, of Shabby Creek Cottage! Be sure to pay her a visit to start at the beginning of this amazing tour of blogger homes!

We’ve been in our rental house, here in  the Atlanta area, for exactly one year and even though we won’t be in it forever, we’ve worked hard to turn it into a home!

Southern Summer Home Tour Front Porch

Come on in…and enjoy my home, full of summer decor ideas…y’all! I’m going to let the house do the talking and your eyes do the walking, so make yourself at home!

Summer Home Tour Front Porch

//FOYER//

Summer Home Tour Foyerspray painted book case

Southern Signssigns from Kirklands

Hey y'all signwhere to purchase Hey Y’all Print

//LIVING ROOM//

blue and white living room

//DINING ROOM//

//DIY POTTING BENCH//

Repurposed Dresser Potting Bench

//POTTING BENCH TURNED ENTERTAINING AREA//

Potting Bench Bar for Party

//FIREPIT AREA//

Fire Pit

Thank you for stopping by and spending some of your day with me here in my Southern home!

Summer 2014 Home Tour

Check out my FALL and CHRISTMAS home tour for some more seasonal inspiration!

Now it’s time to head on over to Desert Domicile! To see more of these amazing tours click on the links below!

signature

Monday, June 2nd

The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Nester
At The Picket Fence (Vanessa)
Thistlewood Farms

Makely School for Girls
Funky Junk Interiors

Thursday, June 5th

Jones Design Company
Beneath My Heart
The Pennington Point
White Buffalo Styling Co.
Southern Hospitality

Friday, June 6th

At the Picket Fence (Heather)
Desert Domicile
Tatertots & Jello
Home Stories A to Z
Live Laugh Rowe

Comments

My goodness Heather, your home is gorgeous. I love it’s brightness & sun-filled spaces. The colors you’ve introduced are incredible. Can I visit? I think I could sit in your breakfast room for hours with a glass of sweet tea :)

xo
    Jenna

Love it, Heather … your summer home is beautiful and so alive with color! I know all who enter feel happy as soon as they step foot in your door. Speaking of your door … what a cool idea hanging the iron piece on there! Thanks for sharing … Happy Summer!

I don’t understand how some of you guys have the time, money, or energy to make your house look so perfect and magazine-worthy! :) I’m over on my blog trying to turn my crack-house laundry room into livable conditions. HA! Your home is lovely! The blue and white theme is soothing. I’ve recently developed a liking of blue and white ceramics, so I peeped your little collection. Very nice! Well done! If you’d like to see my home, oh you must see my latest post for my 30-Day June Room Challenge ;). It’s on the opposite spectrum from your home. LOL. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous home and summer ideas!

Serena @ Thrift Diving
    Serena @ Thrift Diving recently posted..It Will Get Ugly Before It Gets Pretty – Day #4My Profile

4. Jan says

Your home is gorgeous, I love all the color! Just wondered where the number/letter picture came from? Thanks!
    Jan

• says

Hi Jan! It’s actually a reproduction print that I purchased at Hobby Lobby and then framed. Cheap art! ha! I’ve also seen it at Michael’s. :) Thank you for stopping by!

5. Mary Alice Kenley says

Beautiful! Is there any way to find out more information about the bird print in the pillow on the bed? I don’t get online every day, so if there’s a way you could respond to the email, I’d be ever so grateful! Thanks.

Oh my gosh Heather! I am just swooning at your gorgeous home and I am just dying to have a firepit like yours. Did you guys DIY and if so, do you have a post about it? I’ve seen similar ones, but I really liked the small spacers between the larger pieces.

Heather….that was so much fun! I love seeing where you crash. The front door….I am totally copying that. And when I saw your wedding picture I thought, “Hey, why don’t I have my wedding picture hanging up somewhere?!” You’ve inspired me. Lisa~
    Lisa~ recently posted..Summer Home Tour 2014My Profile

Your home is gorgeous, Heather! I love it all – but here are my two favorite things: 1. That front door – stunning, original, eye-catching! 2. That beautiful blue chair – love! Thanks for sharing your home with us!
    Doreen recently posted..French Chair PlanterMy Profile

9. Cindy says

Beautiful home! I love the use of bright colours! Question, what pattern/brand are your dishes on your breakfast room table? I love that colour green!

So pretty! Love all the touches of blue. Yes, it is hot here in Georgia. Your wicker and those gorgeous prints from Kirklands would fit in my home very well, so send them on over when you tire of them. :)Thank you for sharing your pretty Southern home!
    Happy Summer!