We Need to Have a Heart to Heart

…or the time I did battle with the yard bin.

1. Lisa says

This is something I definitely needed to hear this morning. The same thing happened to me yesterday where I was overcome with rage when my son made a mistake and I screamed and yelled and was furious for a good 15 minutes. I got online to try to calm down and on my FB newsfeed was an article about humiliation and I realized that’s what I had done to my son and I was overcome with guilt.
    I apologized to him but kept thinking what a jerk I was and why didn’t I just walk away from him until I was calm and how that’s what I’m going to always do in the future (unlikely, but I’m going to try) what a terrible mother I am.
    So thanks for this post. It’s good to know I’m not alone and to be reminded of God’s love.

Another beautiful message from you. I hope a lot of mommies hear this. But even as an old Granny I still struggle with guilt. Now it’s not about my children, but my 92 and 93 year old parents in a nursing home. God is so good and He will give us perfect peace if our minds stay on Him.

• says

Guilt doesn’t discriminate by age does it Nancy? 😉 And having watched my parents care for their elderly parents I know how absolutely exhausting and overwhelming it can be. I’ll be praying for you!

3. Carol Reddin says

Thanks Vanessa! You were taught well by the master of guilt! Glad that you can “sometimes” get beyond guilt! Love, Mom

I just can’t relate to this at all, Vanessa.
    I never lost it with my kids. Nope. Not ever. I was just about as near perfect a mother as God will allow.

Humble too.

Just giving you a grin this morning as I catch up on some reading.

I loved this so much and can INDEED relate. You shared a beautiful witness this morning and such a godly reminder. God used your yard bin in one of his characteristically WONDERful ways.

5. Wanda says

Vanessa, this came at just the right time for me. I was feeling so guilty this morning about not having spent more time with my grandkids. “Loading on the guilt” as you expressed it and not giving it up to God and moving forward. Thank you for reminding me that God is always there, ready to comfort and forgive.

6. Amber M says

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt message. I can definitely relate! How wonderful to be reminded of God’s love for us even with our imperfections.