We are so honored and excited to have the lovely, talented and oh so awesome Amanda from Serenity Now hanging out at The Picket Fence today! Please give her a big welcome “picket fencers”!
Hi there! Amanda here, from Serenity Now. I was so pleased that Heather and Vanessa asked me to share a post with you all today. I thought that an easy recipe for an especially tasty summer pie would be perfect. I hope you like peanut butter and chocolate…because they are the stars in this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie.
My favorite thing about this pie (aside from how delicious it is) is how easy it is to put together. And you don’t have to cook a thing. Your freezer will do all the work for you!
-1 graham cracker pie crust
-1 package of Original Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies (I think any brand would work, provided they aren’t the soft/chewy cookies)
-1 small cup of milk
-1 large container of Cool Whip
1. Take cookies, one by one and dip them into the glass of milk.
2. After the cookie is dipped, place it on the bottom the pie crust. Fill in gaps with broken cookies.
3. Top with a layer of Cool Whip.
4. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
5. Use a sandwich bag to hold slightly warmed peanut butter.
6. Drizzle peanut butter after the chocolate syrup.
7. Add another layer of dipped cookies.
8. Top with a final layer of Cool Whip, chocolate syrup, peanut butter, and some dry cookie crumbles.
9. Cover your pie and place it in the freezer overnight. Let it thaw for a few minutes before serving. (It’s really best when it’s still slightly frozen)
Now you have a sinfully tasty frozen pie to share with family and friends. They will all rave about what a culinary genius you are, and you will secretly smile because you know how easy it was to make. Seriously, you still had plenty of time to watch Project Runway after you made the pie.
Thanks so much, Heather and Vanessa, for having me here today! It was a pleasure.
I hope you will all come visit me at Serenity Now. I share posts about crafts, home decor on a dime, recipes, blog tips, and home life. I also host a link party each weekend, beginning on Friday mornings. It’s a spot for bloggers to share their best post of the week. In the meantime, I hope you’ll stop by my blog to say hi! You can also connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+.
Oh Yum!! We will be making this right away! Thank you Amanda for hanging with us today. If you’ve never stopped by Serenity Now we encourage you to do so, and as always think you for visiting us today…At The Picket Fence!