“I just want to make the pretty things and write all of the words!”
That was my lament to a group of precious blogging friends a couple of weeks ago when I was up to my eyeballs in issues with what we refer to as the ‘back-end’ of blogging. It’s the side of things that we very rarely talk about in blog posts and for good reason. It’s not pretty. In fact, a lot of the time it’s downright ugly. Kind of like my own back-end. 😉
Years ago, when I began blogging, I had NO idea how much technical jargon would soon be apart of my life. It wasn’t long before words like HTML and SEO and cPanel were apart of my regular vocabulary and when my son asked ME instead of his dad to help him with an online coding class I knew that I had reached a new level. And I may have gloated just a bit.
The fact of the matter is that in order to be successful at anything we do, we have to put effort into learning everything we can about it. I really just want to do projects and write stories but that’s not all there is to this blogging thing. So, begrudgingly, I’ve had to learn more about the technical side. But, most of the time, it’s been a lot of trial and error. Actually, there’s probably been more error than anything else.
When we began blogging, most of our connections were with other newer bloggers and we were all trying to figure out this thing together. What we really needed was someone who understood the technical side AND was a blogger as well.
What we really needed was Lesley Clavijo and her new e-book ‘What the Tech?’.
Whether you are brand new to blogging or have been at it for years, you know that what you need most is for someone to demystify the technical side and put the power in your hands to manage your blog yourself.
Lesley breaks things down into very easy to understand steps covering everything from blog design to coding. And, as a blogger herself, everything is written in a language that all of us can understand. We cannot say enough about how much she has helped us over the years and how grateful we are for her wisdom and expertise.
There are 3 different packages you can purchase based on your needs; Basic, Advanced and Master. You can read more details about these packages here.
But today you can enter to win a FREE Advanced package worth $75.
- 280 pages of blogging basics, advanced blogging technical tutorials, branding, logo design, coding, resources and much much more. Plus lifetime Ebook Updates
- 150+ technical, social media and blogging terms defined and explained. Written in a tone that is easy to read and understand. Lifetime Glossary Updates.
- 10 page Blog Essential Workbook which includes: password log, blog design checklists, blog set-up checklists, maintenance guide, HTML cheatsheet and Adobe Illustrator shortcuts and more. Lifetime Printable Update
- Access to the Exclusive “What the Tech?” Facebook community where you will have a supportive and moderated environment where you can discuss blogging technical questions. Membership in this group also gives you access to free live trainers offered periodically. These trainings will only be available to Master Level buyers. The Facebook group will be one of your most valuable resources. Lifetime Updates.
- 15 master level tutorial videos
- 5 blogging basic tutorial videos
- Blogging Essentials
- Buying A Domain
- Set Up Hosting
- Install WordPress
- WordPress Basics
Enter here to win
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Making the pretty things and writing words from my heart are my favorite parts of blogging. But, oddly enough, I’ve often felt the most successful when I’ve tackled the challenges that are the most intimidating and conquered them.
And we’re so grateful that we’ve had Lesley to help us tackle those challenges! Visit her blog, Chaotically Creative, for more techie tips along with fantastic DIY projects, crafts and recipes.
(This post contains affiliate links but all opinions are 100% my own)