Wow it’s hard to believe we are already on day 5 of the Summer Blogger Block Party! We have seen soooo many fabulous posts and there’s still three days left to link up! A big thank you to all who have participated. The Block Party is taking the place of Inspiration Friday this week…but we’d love to have y’all come back next week to join us with anything inspiring you’d like to share!
It’s hard to imagine a country home without a garden! When we moved on to our acreage in Kentucky we knew that at some point we would want to put a garden in. While we come from a long ancestry of gardeners, neither Bama Boy or I had even had our OWN garden. Over the last few years and through a lot of trial and error we have become seasoned gardeners in our own right! We’ve learned how to build garden boxes, grow plants from seeds, how to get rid of pests organically, and how to can, pickle, preserve and otherwise utilize the bounty of produce we have grown! It’s been a fun learning experience!
So what do you “DO” with all of that bounty once it starts coming in?
|Banana Peppers from our garden|
|Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Squash, and Peppers from our Garden|
|Okra from our Garden|
The following have been some of our most productive crops from our garden.
I thought I’d share a few of my recipes for each. Enjoy!
Homemade Tomato Basil Simmer Sauce
Make Your Own Sun Dried Tomatoes
Chicken Parmigiana with Tomato Basil Simmer Sauce
Okra Griddle Cake Sandwiches
Homemade Pepper Vinegar
Grilled Stuffed Banana Peppers
Thank you for visiting our garden! I hope you have a chance to try some of these fabulous recipes! Even if you don’t have several acres to plant a large garden on, you can still grow wonderful things using containers or building smaller garden boxes. There is just something special about growing, tending and harvesting your own food! Enjoying the fruits of our labor way into the winter and spring is a wonderful reward for our hard work during the summer!
To be entered into the giveaway you MUST LINK UP (a summer related post) and LINK BACK! We are finding many people are not linking back to the Block Party in some capacity! Thank you to those who take the time to do this…it’s just polite party etiquette!
Don’t have a gardening post? That’s okay! There are three other FABULOUS themes today! Alison over at Stuff and Nonsense is hosting everything Summer “Sale-ing” Related! If you are a thrifty shopper and you’ve posted about your finds, head over and visit Alison and share your sale-ing posts with us! Items like this:
- Link Up any post past or present related to this parties theme
- Be sure to link back to your original post and not just your url (main blog address)
- Please post the Blogger Block Party button (code located above and in sidebar) in your post so others can join in the fun! (MANDATORY)
- Visit another guest. We love it when you party with our other guests! Please take a moment and visit some of the other posts and leave some comment love! This is what makes a party so much fun!
- We’d love it if you’d share the Blogger Block Party on your Facebook Pages and Twitter (use #BloggerBlockParty in your tweet) (Not mandatory but we’d appreciate it!