Do you ever feel like merely the idea of planning a party sounds exhausting? Parties these days can tend to be
over the top a tad more involved than they used to be. And sometimes that keeps us from actually wanting to host one. But, leave it to our friend Karianne to show how to make fabulous party decorations in only 5 minutes!
Planning a party or get-together?
Have five minutes?
I’m KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms and I’m here with easy and inexpensive ideas you can use to decorate your table.
1. I made a center runner on the table from colorful cupcake liners.
It took a package to make it.
I just cut a diagonal line out of one side of the cupcake liner until it resembled Ms. PacMan.
Then I taped them together with washi tape.
It makes an easy and inexpensive table runner for under $2.00.
2. I just used bright colorful paper napkins to add pattern.
3. Then I layered it with a pipe cleaner flower I made from pipe cleaners.
You could use as a place card holder.
4. I mixed patterned paper plates with melamine plates to give a bright pop of color.
5. The center runner on the table is just wrapping paper.
I love the graphic design and super easy clean-up.
6. I found these fun tags in the gift aisle.
It’s the perfect party game….each tag has a question printed on the back.
If your store doesn’t have them….you could just make your own from scrap-book paper.
Just in case you were wondering….
….my least favorite household chore is ironing.
7. I also made the fun hanging decorations from the cupcake liners, too.
Then I hung them from the chandelier along with more tags hanging from strings.
To make the decorations….I folded the cupcake liners in fourths.
Then I punched holes and threaded a pipe cleaner through and fluffed.
Each mini decoration cost about .20.
8. I also draped ribbon I curled from the chandelier.
Table decorating ideas on a budget each under 5 minutes to finish.
Easy and fun and perfect for a summer party….
…especially if you add a few glasses of sweet tea.
Cheryl at Snaps of Ginger says
Fun ideas!! I really love the cupcake liners. There are so many bright, cute ones out there!!
Kim @ Sand & Sisal says
Seriously cute and brilliant ideas that can be adapted to any party!!!
Love the cupcake liner hanging “poufs”, I can’t wait to try that idea!