I recently had the pleasure of attending the launch of the Southern Living “Ready to Impress” Plant and Flower Collection.
My lovely friend Carmen Johnston, is a Lifestyle and Garden Expert with the Southern Living Plant Collection. She invited us to join her and Southern Living at Grove Park Inn, in gorgeous Asheville North Carolina!
While there we had the chance to view this beautiful new collection first hand!
I also learned some great tips for perfectly potted flowers!
1. Think outside of the box (or should I say pot) when it comes to planting container gardens. Inexpensive beverage containers can make fun and festive planters. Just be sure to drill holes in the bottom for drainage.
2. White roots indicate a healthy plant.
3. Use the Three T’s! Tall, Thick and Trailing when planting a container garden.
4. Arrange plants and flowers in groupings of THREE to form a loose TRIANGLE.
5. Be sure to know if your plants and flowers are shade or full sun when deciding where to locate them.
6. White is very “hot” right now in container gardening, as well as topiaries.
7. Angle your plants forward when planting in containers, to achieve a full look and to get a trailing effect.
8. Use the finger test when it comes to watering your plant. DAMP-Okay, WET-Over watered, DRY-needs watering!
Here are some other fabulous ways to use plants from the Southern Living Plant Collection!
A big thank you to Carmen, Amy , Southern Living and Grove Park Inn for letting me be a part of this fun and festive event!
There’s still plenty of time to pick up your own Ready to Impress Plant or Flower at Home Depot! They would make the perfect Mother’s Day Gift!